Rear brake pads...

Are these the right rear brake pads for the 200? Ordered these from Renault, just curious because it says Megane on the box...they do look about right though at a glance....

IMAG1026_zpsda4c5b24.jpg

Thanks

Not totally sure but when I bought my front pads (i know these are rear) they said Megane on them too. The brakes on the 225 are the same as the 197/200 i think (if not, they look very similar and I feel like an idiot)

I think the part number you need is 440605839R, I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will post the correct number

Found the answer to my own question, looking at renaultpartsdirect website it shows the brake part number as;

440661332R

Which is what I have, so all good :smile:

Thanks

Did some digging....

Turns out Renault changed the Part Codes for the rear pads about 6months ago with a slight compound change. So there is now 3 part codes for the rear pads that are correct lol

Brembo branded (but made by Ferodo so they also carry their logo), but if you buy them direct from Renault they'll come in a Renault box and cost about a fiver more. For future reference the 197/200/225 braking systems are the same although it's worth noting that the 225 uses two different sized bearings on the rear discs so if you ever order any in the future just be sure you're getting the right sized ones to suit the Clio. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Brembo branded (but made by Ferodo so they also carry their logo), but if you buy them direct from Renault they'll come in a Renault box and cost about a fiver more. For future reference the 197/200/225 braking systems are the same although it's worth noting that the 225 uses two different sized bearings on the rear discs so if you ever order any in the future just be sure you're getting the right sized ones to suit the Clio. :thumbsup:

mk1 megane 225 rears are totally different.....

Pads different as well Si? I know the bearings on the rear discs are a different size but I always thought it was the same pad shape?