Re Covering Seats

Roy

clio197.net legend
Anybody tried to re cover the standard seats.I have a brand new set of covers Genuine Renault ones and I'm in need of the front drivers side re doing and wondered what was involved.Any advice would be grateful
Thanks

Hi mate - become a bit of a seat expert sadly after all the seat problems with my 200 (and the 2 previous rallyes!)

Do you want to replace the covers with standard renault ones or get them re-upholstered??

I know an amazing car uphosters - been doing it for years on the most exotic and classic cars...

If you want to replace with Renault covers it's a bit of a pain in the arse job but can be done...

Loads of clips (if you see my albi blue thread you will see), and just a pain to dismantle the seat and get it all back fitting right (the back cover and seat base)

I really need to sort my drivers seat out, one bolster on the base has completely gone to pot, foam is buggered, can upholsters fix it?

I really need to sort my drivers seat out, one bolster on the base has completely gone to pot, foam is buggered, can upholsters fix it?

Yes! - the upholsters I use are amazing - the stuff they do you wouldn't believe.

Hi mate - become a bit of a seat expert sadly after all the seat problems with my 200 (and the 2 previous rallyes!)

Do you want to replace the covers with standard renault ones or get them re-upholstered??

I know an amazing car uphosters - been doing it for years on the most exotic and classic cars...

If you want to replace with Renault covers it's a bit of a pain in the arse job but can be done...

Loads of clips (if you see my albi blue thread you will see), and just a pain to dismantle the seat and get it all back fitting right (the back cover and seat base)

I need to get the cover off and put the new one on mate or I need to get the hole fixed before it gets any bigger

They in Birmingham?

Yes mate. They are called tappers and are based in cotteridge, bham. They have a website if you search.

I need to get the cover off and put the new one on mate or I need to get the hole fixed before it gets any bigger

Do they come out??? As you know I can't drive

They would sort your cover no problem, but you would need to get the car or seat to them.

http://www.tappersupholstery.com/

They do great work.

They did my 106 Rallye bolsters a few years back. If u look at my past projects link in my Sig there are some pics I think. The seat looked like New. God only knows how they matched the fabric..stitched it and made all the foam the same shape! Cheap too.

Last edited:
np Roy - they are really reputable and well known in the trade. I would give them a buzz mate.

Ive used tappers on my saxo their work is second to non i can vouch for that if anyones local and struggling to get seats to them i have a van to deliver them in not a problem