Rattle

I've got a 2008 clio 197, and i'm getting a hollow rattle type noise when going over bumps at slow speed. It doesnt happen when i go over everybump so not sure if its suspension or exhaust.

It seems to come from the passenger side more but it could just be an illuision.

What you guys reckon it could be?

I've got a 2008 clio 197, and i'm getting a hollow rattle type noise when going over bumps at slow speed. It doesnt happen when i go over everybump so not sure if its suspension or exhaust.

It seems to come from the passenger side more but it could just be an illuision.

What you guys reckon it could be?

That you Pat?

Engine mount maybe? Just a thought.

Is your exhaust standard? I get a rattle every now and then, its the the clips that hold the lambda sensor wire because one of the clips broke, only comes and go so could be similar to that perhaps?

Last edited:
yes mate! Hows the car going?

yes good, apart from this hallow rattle noise which i originally thought was an exhaust type noise but its nothing too bad just noticed it this weekend. Dont really use the car that much with getting the train to work.

Saw you have been modding yours?

Yeah lots going on this week - cup spoiler, new drilled and grooved discs, ds2500 pads and a full service plus recently had a scorpion exhaust fitted amongst other things

Engine mount maybe? Just a thought.

Is your exhaust standard? I get a rattle every now and then, its the the clips that hold the lambda sensor wire because one of the clips broke, only comes and go so could be similar to that perhaps?

Yes standard exhaust, still the original one and i've done 44k miles. I does sound like exhaust hitting something but sometimes think it could be suspension or something on the passenger side as exhaust goes down the centre?

Yeah lots going on this week - cup spoiler, new drilled and grooved discs, ds2500 pads and a full service plus recently had a scorpion exhaust fitted amongst other things

Sounds good. Where you get it serviced as mine is due soon. Whats the scorpion exhaust like? As if mine does need replacing id want a stainless system but dont want anything too loud that gives you a headache whilst on the motorway

It's quite loud mate but I have changed the manifold too.

Maybe try the Ktec system as heard its a little quieter.

I'm servicing it as I have with all my cars - peace of mind!

Not looking forward to spoiler fitting!