Rattle - boot latch

Hi,

Im new to this so apologies if its been asked before :jase:

I have a 2005 clio 182 which has a rattle coming from the back. Im almost sure that it involves the boot latch (the actual hook boot which is attached to the boot - not the tailgate) but after taking it to various garages (including renault) no one seems to be able to get it to stop.

I read on previous threads about this problem but not an answer on how to fix it. The hook part is loose but Renault state this is normal!!!

Any ideas people.....................Thanks

p.s - im almost sure its nothing else, i have every bit of plastic off the back and even mucked about with the exhaust and heat shields which am sure are fine.

...had this myself on my Clios and now the same on the Meg....as said....wrap electricians tape around the catch to take up the slack...it does work!

I had this on my car, I took the plastics out, loosened the bolts that hold the catch, moved it a little (to make it shut tighter) and bolted it all back together.

It worked............... for about a week.

All I can think is that I didn't tighten it enough and it's moved again. It's only a 5 minute job to do so i'll try it again when I can be bothered!

Like Chris said, you can adjust the position of the latch on the boot side, just pop out the plastics and I think you'll need a torx head screwdriver. Then just play around till your happy. My boot shuts like its a bloody Audi now haha!