Raging!

I just purchased the full reno sport body kit from Renault Australia. I had the spoiler painted and picked it up last thing today. Ive just came out of the Garage from fitting it with a massive problem.

Renault have kindly only given me 6 out of the 8 screws needed to do the job, the first pair are simple M5 jobbies and went in easy leaving me with four bolts left. With all four screws being the same I saw no reason to question where they went and proceeded to screw two of them into the base of the spoiler when CRACK the base of the spoiler has split on both sides.

The four bolts left were for the side blades, not for the spoiler base. Its cracked all the plastic and took a large chuck out of the RHS.

So now I have a spoiler that has already cost upwards of $650 and its going to cost even more. Im tempted to shoot renault an email, if they had provided me with a full set of bolts I would have questioned the two different sizes... although I guess I should have checked the equipment page... bloody multilingual cheap cartoon instructions
:@

Not really sure how you managed to get this wrong? The instructions aren't super clear, but if you take your time it's quite simple to work out what screws go where.

There should be six screws and two bolts. Probably a bit late now but there's a full guide with photos in the "Body Work and Exterior Lights" section.

Being truthful I hadnt looked indepth at the spoiler so with four bolts left and two holes in the car and two sideblades to fit I made the assumption each needed one bolt. I probably shouldnt have fitted it on the back of 65 hours of work this week, slightly sleep deprived!

I just emailed Aus reno, we will see what happens. Hopefully we can work something out. Im sure it can be repaired, Im just worried about the crack...

I'd complain about not receiving the goods you paid for, not sure what the Australian law is like but this would be good grounds to go on in the UK I think

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy Clio General Chat 5
FinlayJ Clio General Chat 23