Radiotor fan not working

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
As above, it will read up to 110 degrees on my scan gauge for coolant temp, the needle will go over half way and a warning message will come on. The fan doesnt appear to be doing anything, is this the thermostat? This was at cadwell i should stress not road driving. On the road normal driving it reads anywhere from 69-76 on average. The car doesnt perform its best until its above mid 80's.

Id get max 2 hard laps before it would be on the verge of over heating or i would get a message, would only take half a lap to cool back down to mid 90's tho and the coolant wasnt boiling in the bottle.

Thoughts?

Is there diagrams near it like the one under the steering column to show u what they are?

Is there diagrams near it like the one under the steering column to show u what they are?

the under bonnet one has a pictogram under the lid iirc!

also worth making sure the fan blades turn - it could be a seized motor as well

either a fuse or the temperature sender sensor. i had gone go, cost me £40 odd from renault and fitted it with in 10 mins

i had the same issue. my fuse to the front of the battery came loose. i cabled tied it.a year has gone by with no issue at all. to check if the motor is siezed put the AC on. the fan should kick in then if im not mistaken.