Radio Reception

Anyone else have poor radio reception?, through a standard ariel and renault headunit. talking like my other car, mini cooper pick up all local stations perfect, renault 197, just hasconstant interference and hit and miss.

any ideas/experiences?

Mine was ok with original and still fine with my alpine (06 plate), you might find you got a loose connection where it goes into the roof aerial itself as experienced that before with roof aerials and usually a pain to get too to fix it.

Another thing to try is to attach a new ground wire to the body of the head unit and also create a new ground and bypass the ISO connector then connect the two together and ground to same point.

Mine was fine with the standard one but with the stubby it's hit or miss but not bothered as I always have the CD or IPod on

Radio reception is good (all standard)

I can't wait 'til payday, however, so I can buy the Pio 9300-SD Headunit - 3 weeks of listening to the same CD / Radio 1 is driving me mad!

Lol. Although we have blatently hijacked this thread, sorry.

To answer the op, my reception is appalling too, slightly better with the shark fin but nothing to write home about. Was thinking of getting a new head unit soon anyway but I want one that works with the steering wheel and has ipod and usb inputs.

I bought a new HU (Pioneer AVH-P5200BT) and put an UHF amplifier - works much better than with the OEM HU.

Now I have a stubby aerial and the reception is like on the OEM.

My reception is piss poor, though I have got a cheapy stubby aerial, with the standard one I never really had any trouble.

I've heard of people getting boosters for them, was talking to an auto electrician the other day who recommended one for a mates Impreza (though like any scooby, he'd be better ripping out all the ICE and starting again!)

My reception is great! I had nothing but problems with the last 3 stubby aerials I had, until I bought a Honda one and I can honestly say the reception is sound!

My reception is great! I had nothing but problems with the last 3 stubby aerials I had, until I bought a Honda one and I can honestly say the reception is sound!

Mmmmmmmmm will get a Honda one then the wife keeps moaning the radio reception is crap

I'll go for an S2K one I think - what's the fitment like at the base, does it match up well?

I'm pretty sure this is the same as all the other Honda ones, if so then the fit isn't as good as OEM, but it doesn't look too bad IMO. It's just a bit too bit and leaves a ridge. Never bothered me because it looks better than the huge thing they fit as standard. Some fit an MPS aerial, but I haven't seen one, so can't really say.

Sorry to revive an old thread, since I've fitted an new head unit the reception has been crap! it has the standard aerial. Had to get an adapter for the aerial to fit the new HU. will pull it out to make sure everything is still plugged in. Any other suggestions if that doesn't work?