Racing Blue 197

How you going, I've not posted much on here due to being very busy with work commitments. Finally found some time to update my progess!

So.. bought the car April this year and so far have loved every minute of owning it. Have used advice given on this forum and outside sources and have found the forum to be massively helpful to a Renaultsport noob like myself!
Upgrades so far are as follows;
ITG panel filter ( a few people have said this improves "kangarooing" when cold, not sure if I agree with that, perhaps it's my clutch control, however, there is an improved responsiveness!

Miltek Non Res exhaust and decat pipe - Fitted by Sean from Jade Developments. Obvious sound difference and again more pull and reponsiveness. Small downside, it's a lot louder motorway driving but when dropping a gear through a tunnel I realise it's worth it!

Heko wind deflectors - most people opt for them, I think they look brilliant!

For the time being I'm happy performance wise, just need winter tyres and new brakes etc
There's a few bits I'd like to paint wrap just to give the car a more subtle but unique look.

So there you have it, quite short, happy to take any questions, advice and suggestions as they'd all be appreciated
Cheers

Edit: you'll have to excuse the age 5 editing :smile:

Attachments

• 2015-12-12 14.01.40.jpg
    2015-12-12 14.01.40.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Looks great!!

Just be careful on winter tyres as they are no where near as sticky as summer tyres in the dry, I've had a few squirms on mine when pushing harder than I perhaps should on mine.

Yeah I'll have to keep the tyres in mind, although looking out of my window summer is not coming for a long time!

Great colour and some choice mods so far!

Good to hear that the forum has been useful to you :thumbup1:

Yeah apart from black/silver most of the rs colours you don't see much of on the roads
[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] :f1team07:

Very nice colour!

How do you find the wind deflectors? Heard mixed opinions as to whether they reduce wind noise etc, or are they mainly for looks?

Very nice colour!

How do you find the wind deflectors? Heard mixed opinions as to whether they reduce wind noise etc, or are they mainly for looks?
[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] had them on on his 197 too..

They do look good, but yeah they are also functional, reduced wind noise and the amount of wind that comes in.

Very nice colour!

I think they look awesome, not had a chance to test at high/motorway speeds for a prolonged amount of time, so will have to get out at some point!