Racing Blue 197 few updates.

Hi guy... and girls :wink:
P1030598.jpg
Just dropping a quick hello as ive had my 197 for ooooohh 4 days now! Its pretty bloody awesome :smiley: haha a step up from my 106 GTI anyways :tongueout:
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

Anyways, names Matt I'm a fabricator for Jag Land Rover prototype cars so i get chop up and make some cool stuff and some boring stuff, but if i told you what id have to kill you, Confidentiality and all that...

So seen a few things on here kinda picking up on the whole induction thing everyone's got different thought if you want power or sound etc,

It wont be long until i have it in a progress threads but I'm just saying hi for now.

my first thoughts are thinking racing blue and anthracite wheels going with orange hints like orange calipers and going to make a custom tow eye to hold an orange TOW strap. then kind go from there... I also realised i was being brave with the whole orange and blue then i remembered its the GULF colours so hoping this may work...

Heres a pic from when i just bought it, not great but more to come in a progress thread.

306379_2248920776189_1043305388_2559489_1381672495_n.jpg

NOW FOR MY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!
when i put my foot down the break sharp WATER sprays from either side of the bonnet by the head lights up the sides of the windscreen???? could this be from the water catch in below the windscreen as braking would cause it to through any caught water forward into the bay and it would spray out the side and up the windscreen? is the any common faults with this sort of thing?

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Welcome to the site mate!

Yeah it could possibly be that, not too sure what else it could be really. Might be an idea to pop the bonnet and clear out the drains at the sides of the struts.

Cheers guys, started my first mod today, ordered a orange TRS tow strap, and started making a custom tow bar to hold the strap out the front.

Any chance this could be moved to the progress threads please :smile: if thats possible?

It will a slow progree blog at the moment but never the less :smile:

Thanks
Matt

Very nice indeed dude, love the 106 gti :smile:

:welcome: to the site :smile:

All the best 197's have the reg beginning BV07 :wink:

cheers for the welcome and appriciation for the 197 :smile:

Just signed up to gold membership what do i get with this? and how c
an i move thise thread to the progress threads?

Thanks
Matt

Welcome to the site. Gold membership gets you numerous benefits, edit/delete your posts and threads, membership pack (which will be sent to you in the next few weeks), more PMs available, access to restricted forums, for sale secrion available, etc. Worth the money IMO.

right so i kind of havent done alot and not taken many pics but here goes il let them talk,

first came a sticker order and a de badge with my first go with clay :/ (need help with this but that will come)
IMG_0631.jpg

then badges and grills went black
IMG_0634.jpg
IMG_0635.jpg
IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg

And the orange and blue theme begins
with an order of an orange TRS tow strap.

and the custom bar was in the making using the original as a guide,
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0626.jpg

and fitted (got loads more pics)
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg

sorry pics arn't very good,

I need a weekend to clean,

the next plans are black wheels
Orange calipers
smoked side repeaters
black door handles
and for the time being H&R lowering springs, as i cant afford an extra 600+quid for coilover atm just for an extar 20mm if that!
I would like some 18x8 compomotive from santa that would be nice haha! I did want some rota grids but they only go upto 16s
then eventually il get for the KW coilovers.

thoughts?

Matt

Last edited: