R888

Has anyone had any experience with these? I'm thinking of getting a set in spring for the road and an odd trackday.

What did you pay and where from?

Both my sets have been part worn, they are great on track, but I wouldn't bother for road use unless you are properly hardcore; wear on them isn't great, noisy around town, you will get worse fuel economy, you only get 5mm to start with, standing water is a big no no, if you get a puncture it can't be repaired, and they are £170 each.

I have them on my track Ultraleggeras. They are superb on track. They even performed way above expections when we went to a monsoon swept Silverstone in August.

On the road though they are an annoyance. Noisy and everything sticks to them, so expect wheel arches full of $hite.

I don't run them on the road. Nosiy, wear quickly, struggle in standing water etc. I change to sticky tyres at the trackside.

I get mine from either Camskill or Phil @ Trackside motorsport.

Why only Toyos? Plenty of other road legal semi slicks out there (and many better). Michelin, Dunlop, Yokohama, Silverstone, Federal, Kumho to name a few.

If I wanted a tyre that covered both road and the odd trackday, I would buy some Bridgestone RE070 in 225/45/17. An epic tyre on my Impreza.

Similar Thread Suggestions