R27 - DRL - Anyone have installed a set?

Hi there, been a while since I last posted as I sold the previous car in sept '14, bought another one just a week ago which I will share later on.

The thing is, I need a set of DRL's as for the stupid EU law we need to drive with either DRL's or main beam lights on all day, all year round.

The previous car's xenons did not last long with this kind of usage, basically were worn out by the time I hit 50k miles, not only the xenon bulbs but the headlight as well as the mirror behind the projector was burned out.

Don't want this to happen to this car as its a very low mileage and in very good condition still.

Fitting a set of DRL's to minimise xenon use from 2 hours a day to about half an hour seems logical.

Still not decided whether to go for round ones and throw the antifog lamps out or to fit some bar shaped in the lower grille area...

Did anyone from here fit drl on their cars? pics of different setups is what I would like to see if possible :smile:

thanks!

thanks, I've checked Stubonez's threads and his setup looks quite ok to me, I think in the 197, there might be an option to fit them behind the lower plastic grille, so they wont be that visible when the car is stationary.

I think PHILIPS Daylight9 is a nice option, as its the smallest on the market, only 125mm wide, whereas most others are around 165mm. Its only a DRL also so it doesnt act as a sidelight which I like.

I have always driven everywhere with the headlights on. New cars may need drls but if it didn't need them. When it was new, it doesn't need them now. All cars after 93 I think it was had to have a cat but earlier cars didn't need one fitting. A copper could pull you up for having main Beam on all the time anyway (dazzling oncoming traffic), use dipped beam, I've never had any bother with any of my cars.

Since a few years we have the mandatory lights on here in Poland, all year round, all day long, only way to save your bulbs and headlights is to use the DRL's, still thinking about it, dont plan to put as many miles on this car as I did with the previous 197 so still not decided whether to go for these or just keep the xenons burning...