R-link mandatory update

Looks like another big mandatory (ha ha) update for the R-link now available.

Now I wonder what it's for / does? Not like Renault seems to think it's necessary to tell the owner of said vehicle!

Got to laugh :bored:

Not checked it for a while. So it might have been around for a couple of months now. Though I thought anything "mandatory" notified you in the car that it needed updating.

Decided to update it anyway. Always up for a laugh :slap:

Took the usual 15 minutes or so to download (why??? have they that little bandwidth?) and another 15 minutes in the car where the progress bar doesn't move for the best part of 10 minutes and you start to think "is it doing anything?". Then it finally decides to start doing something. I wonder how many folks have either turned the R-link off, or removed the card because they think it's not actually doing anything? and subsequently bugger it!

All seems to have gone OK. But I'll be damned if I can see any difference.

O'well....

I use my Renaultsport
Monitor everyday, best bit on the Rlink, watch this I'll update and it will stop working. Do we not get an explanation mark and a message on the Rlink when a critical update is released?

I use my Renaultsport
Monitor everyday, best bit on the Rlink, watch this I'll update and it will stop working. Do we not get an explanation mark and a message on the Rlink when a critical update is released?

That's what I thought womble.

Only showed up when I inserted my SD card in the card reader. Even then, it said no updates. It was only when I went to the r-link store and looked at the updates tab, that it informed me that a mandatory update was available. Then it just started to download it automatically, so by then I had no choice but to continue. Installed OK in the car but I'm damned if I can see / tell any difference. And of course Renault never let's on what the updates for! Got to laugh really.

how does it download from the store? wifi? 3g?

not familiar with the R-link

Connect an SD card reader to a pc or laptop. Download the relevant software from the UK r-link store (after registering the car). Then stick the SD card from the r-link in the card reader connected to your PC. And away you go. If really lucky, it corrupts your card and you are FUBAR (you might need to Goole that, or not). Only joking (though it has happened to some!).

Hi
just done the latest mandatory update and for the first time ever it said it was successful
i don't notice any difference but it would be handy if they told you what parts they were sorting out

Last edited: