Quick Projector Question

Hi Guys,

Swapping out my chrome standard headlights for projectors. All gone well and in the process of plugging them back in however there is a problem. The main connector goes in fine but the secondary smaller connector does not fit into the default plug on the projectors and the chrome headlights appear to have a completely different design for the smaller plug.

Any ideas? I must be missing something obvious here.

EDIT: Figured it out, didn't realise i had to swap over the height motor as well.

Last edited:
Hi Opsi thats good to know.

So are you saying the standard chrome headlights plug (that was connected into the chrome headlights dipped H7 bulb) will plug straight into the cornering headlights socket (that powers the cornering headlights dipped H1 bulb)? Everything is a straight swap?

apart from cornering lights, they wont work unless you already havethem.

Thanks ryan. I figured about the cornering headlights as afterall there arent connections/loom present for them in Cups (although when i look down the front of the engine i can see the Foglights loom just sitting there lol).

Im just surprised to learn that everything else plugs straight over without having to modify plugs/connections to make them fit from H7>H1 for the projector headlights, good to know for the future :smile:

Yeah cornering lights are a no go unless I get looms and all sorts installed, just not worth it. The rest is a straight swap though. What confused me was the fact the projectors did not come with the height motors in them and I had to swap them over from the chrome lights. Going to make selling those much harder :worried:.

As for sourcing them, got them directly from Renault UK through a middle man here in Aus. First set they sent were....chromes (yes they sent what I already had lol) and then the replacements had broken clips as they didn't even package them at all, just chucked in an empty carboard box.

3rd time lucky though :tongueout:.

Anyway for anyone who cares:

1155449648_sGBWt-XL.jpg

so as regards to fitment, its a straight over swap from standard lights to projectors? Ive been quoted £210

so as regards to fitment, its a straight over swap from standard lights to projectors? Ive been quoted £210

210 for both lights? My god that's cheap.

Yeah it's a straight swap, just need to remove the height motors from the chromes if the projectors do not come with it and also swap over the bulbs (the dips of the chromes go into the cornering lights of the projectors and then you just put in new H1's for the projector dips).

Same plugs as well!

Yep got some cf front and rear diamonds. Compliment the car well I think. Just need the black wheels now!!

??? what moulding?

Stolen one of Mike's photos! The black moulding underneath the headlight is riveted on. You need to drill out the rivets and then rivet/bolt the moulding to the new bumper.

Not exactly sure on the purpose of it but would guess it holds the bumper up and in place

Maybe the lights you received already had the moulding in place

I meant to put this photo in my above post, you can just see the black moulding underneath the headlamp:

bumper.jpg