Quick Cash Ideas?

I sold all my old uni and college text books that i dont need anymore on ebay and made a tidy £400

Does anyone remember the money making idea from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?

Basically involves a scam for a product that nobody will admit to owning. Once their payment for said 'product' has cleared, you then send them a letter informing 'their product is no longer in stock,' along with a cheque as refund. The catch is that the company name on the refund cheque is something dodgy and certainly not something you would want on your bank statement next month. The majority of people will then cut their losses and not cash the refund meaning you keep the money.

Obviously it is just in a film and not real, but its a funny thought!!!

What do you do for a living? Doing the odd job on the side helps.

If you don't have your own public liability insurance doing odd jobs on the side can get you sued and all sorts these days.

I dotneven accept them now unless it's for family (which I refuse to take money for anyway)

Touch wood I have never had any bother, a lot of people I know have though.

One lad, a sparky who I bump into on quite alot of sites is currently going through a massive court case and is getting the bill for a full new 4 bedroom house.

This is because of a faulty fitting he installed that he was not aware was faulty, burnt that brand new house and all Its contents to the ground.

Now I felt really sorry for the guy because he is getting a 200,000 quid bill plus legal fees.

Now do odd jobs seem worth it?

Im looking to get money for a clio 197 old 2007 around the 6-7k mark then make it a project. Needs to be that cheap cause of the insurance im gonna get screwed on lol thx to the third party failing to stop (holds tongue)