Questions About Clio 200

Test drove one a few days ago and was really impressed. Handles like nothing else I've driven. Thinking about changing around September time. I've test driven other things too but the 200 is the one I always remember.

So a few questions.

Reliability and Build Quality - What are they like? I've never really looked at Renault's before and always had VAG's. I always remember Renault's of old being boring, cheap and unreliable, however first impressions of build quality inside the 200 was good though even though the stereo looked a bit boring.

Running Costs - What MPG do you guys get driving tidy/going fast/track day? What about servicing?

Common Faults - What are they? Are you always in and out of dealers with them? Coming from a Fabia vRS the only thing I've had done under warranty was bushes. Everything else has been fine.

Insurance - How much roughly? I'm 21 with 4 years NCB. Swift Cover flat out won't insure the car so I think I'd have to change insurance companies. Who are you guys with.

Sorry for quite a long 1st post.

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Had mine about a month. Getting approximate 33mpg mixed driving. Already developed a few issues that the local dealer (renault Birmingham) have been utterly useless at dealing with. The interior build is better than clios of the past, but not vag standard. There are rattles, and cheaper materials used.
But I'm used to renaults, so the issues haven't surprised or bothered me.

Haven't got mine yet so can't comment on anything other than insurance. I've found Admiral to be cheapest by far for me. Even though I'm 26 and have a few years no claims there are still plenty of places that won't even give me a quote.

Cheapest quote I have is £600ish.

14mpg maximum on a trackday. 28mpg on a daily drive.

I'm 20 with 1 years driving exp and Admiral insured me fine on multicar.

Thanks guys for the responses. Two more questions. Do you run it on normal petrol or is it better for it to run it on 99 octane/V-power, etc. Also can you get a tidy roof rack for it? I have a fishing kayak so I will need one. Was in Skoda looking at the new vRS and I asked about a roof rack and he didn't know.

Thanks guys for the responses. Two more questions. Do you run it on normal petrol or is it better for it to run it on 99 octane/V-power, etc. Also can you get a tidy roof rack for it? I have a fishing kayak so I will need one. Was in Skoda looking at the new vRS and I asked about a roof rack and he didn't know.

I always run mine on shell v power, don't know about the roof rack though. sure someone will though....

Welcome to the site, the car runs on normal petrol just fine, there is no OEM requirement to run on high octane fuel, so the car can run both, roof rack wise, a standard 3door clio roofrack fits just fine ( 5door is different!! ) , even if you have specced it with a sunroof. The new meg RS has no roofrack available from what I 've heard but the clio is fine, you could buy one at renault or any major "roof rack companies".

Regarding the reliability my clio 197 has never failed, only thing done under warranty was the A/C compressor, the discs and brakes are long lasting, changed my pads first time at 30k, now at 45 I still have lots of the 2nd set left and should be doing them together with the discs next time. I have no recaro's so no wear issues as well, the car is now 4 years old and the common issue are the door seals that are glued under the rear quarter window where it meets with the doors, both of them are cracked now, the car is over the warranty period right now, havent even asked how much it would be to get them replaced. Used the car for 2 years now ( 2nd owner ) and I am still in love with it, I guess as much as every other user on here :smile: !! Oh yeah, and my insurance is about 600 pounds a year with 55% discount for no accidents in the last 5 years, that is in Poland, where we believe that the insurance here is much cheaper than in the UK or EU.... how wrong are we.......