question for someone with a cup racer

200cup andy

Platinum Member
bit of a lame question but

what is the ride hight of a cup race car say from the bottom of the front and rear bumpers to the floor?

im asking as im looking a trying to lower mine the same amount once im back working again

Probably worth noting the racers have a modified subframe and a raised steering rack to account for bump steer you get from going low. They also run loads of camber which tuck wheels in, you may get issues with rubbing???

I'd also guess height depends on the track they're racing at.

They look soooo fricking good slammed though

imagegallery04540x360_Gallery.jpg

How crazy is this. Ive been thinking about lowering mine to the cup racer height. Was gonna do it on my last 200, but never got round to it. Am gonna run this one in a few thousand miles and do everything I had intended to do on the last one... to this one.
As for the question of height. I was going to contact the number given for buying a cup racer...as seen on the RS website. I prob sound like a dick asking....but who cares !

Speak to Jase and a few of the others, as certain coil kits don't go anywhere near as far down as the one above. You'd want the right one to go looooooooooow.

Not if it was set up right. Plus it looks damn fine that low !

You cant set it up right if you have changed the geometry to a degree that no longer works with the chassis well. See it all the time with Golfs, people think they look great slammed. But unless you compensate with ball joint extenders and loads of other castor/camber mods, then it will handle like a pig.

It would ruin the handling for 99% of British roads, I think that'd be more the issue Mark.

On track it'd be epic, on the road, not so.

It would ruin the handling for 99% of British roads, I think that'd be more the issue Mark.

On track it'd be epic, on the road, not so.

I kinda ment track, but didnt make myself clear. It was always a bit of a pipe dream of mine to have it ride dead low like the cup racer. Was thinking of switching the 200 to track only... but killed it before I had the chance. Am still undecided as to what I want to do with my current one. Will have to see how much money I can make this year, if all goes well Id get myself a 250 cup and then make the 200 look like a track car. If any of that makes sense :wink:

You cant set it up right if you have changed the geometry to a degree that no longer works with the chassis well. See it all the time with Golfs, people think they look great slammed. But unless you compensate with ball joint extenders and loads of other castor/camber mods, then it will handle like a pig.

Agreed fella.

cheers for the help guys.
i realised that the handling would be affected it was to get a rough figure that i could work to im tempted to stick up a pic and get someone to photoshop it lower

Tallside, as mentioned even if it is track only, it'll still not handle right - you can't just slam it and expect it to be right even on a billiard table track.

There's not much headroom for lowering in terms of the geometry of the wishbone & control arm angle, which is why the race cars have a modded subframe, raised 'rack and different control arms. You'd realistically need these too.

I'm not trying to p*** on anyone's dreams here BTW, I just don't want to see anyone spend a load of money to make something potentially worse.

Similar Thread Suggestions