PS3 to surround sound

How do i connect my PS3 to my surround sound , my surround sound has not got a HDMI connection ,but has both optical and component / AV connections and Euroscart the PS3 from what i can see has a optical connection is it just a case of connecting the optical connection of the PS3 to the optical connection on the surround sound

Last edited:
Yes it is. This is how I have mine connected up.

edit: just make sure to go into settings and select the optical, when you get it all plugged in!

Last edited:
If you are using optical leads you may also need to adjust the visual audio sink. I used this set up with my previous cinema, but by far best results will be achieved with full HDMI. Currently got an Onkyo AV receiver. Everything goes into it and my TV is just a monitor

Currently got an Onkyo AV receiver. Everything goes into it and my TV is just a monitor

I've got a Yamaha AV Amp, well worth the money I paid (a lot before any asks...). Using a Jamo 5.1 system, sounds ace, bit lacking in the mid range. I've been after some 'bookshelf' speakers for a while. Can anyone recommend any?

they are cracking for the money - I have the sr-607 and its fab through my Kef speakers !

Totally agree, I replaced my good old Denon with an 807 last and it's a terrific bit of kit.

OP, send me an A3 SAE and I'll post you a TOSLINK cable, got loads hanging about as I'm now HDMI all the way now. :smile:

I've got a Yamaha AV Amp, well worth the money I paid (a lot before any asks...). Using a Jamo 5.1 system, sounds ace, bit lacking in the mid range. I've been after some 'bookshelf' speakers for a while. Can anyone recommend any?

Dynaudio speakers without a doubt, I swear by them, not cheap though and need an amp with good delivery as they are 4 ohm.

Similar Thread Suggestions