Prospective Owner

you want to make sure you have recaro seats for a start...bang opens a can of worms......many opinions, not essential to have them......but i love mine and think they make the car feel more special every time i get in it!

Welcome to the club the 200s are a good car engines are strong so you should be fine just try to make sure it has good history and you will be fine :thumbsup:

once you have your new motor make sure you get some picks up and Kevs right £5.00 gets you full access to the site

+1 on joining the site, the How To guides, buyers guides and technical sections are easily worth it if you're serious about buying one.

I wouldn't worry too much about the car being "hammered" generally the cars that get used properly tend to be the stronger cars. I wouldn't think twice about buying one that's been driven 'enthusiastically' so long as they've maintained it well.

Also, for me the Recaros make the car I wouldn't buy one without them (but watch out for wear on the bolsters), also Xenon lights are nice but they only came as an option on the 197's. I also would only buy a cup packed car, the stiffer springs, lower ride and red callipers really suit the car.

If you're looking for a black car, with every option at under your budget then give me a shout, mines for sale to the right buyer :smile:.

Does seem like a decent price, but it's a 'Cup' model, which means it has a crap interior (*waits for people to get p*ssy about me saying that*).

You may/may not know that there was a normal ('full fat'/ 'FF') and a 'cup' car, the FF car has a much nicer interior and a few more options like Cruise Control and standard AC (optional Climate/C). You could also buy a FF car and then add the Cup pack to it, so you got the lower suspension red brakes but still got the nicer interior. Personally I would look for a FF car with Cup pack. UNLESS you are looking for a 'back to basics' track/weekend toy car, in which case some people prefer the cup model as they're a tiny bit lighter.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Clio 200 Area 2
S New Members 6
A New Members 5
L New Members 4
F New Members 13