Projector headlights

Where these a dealer option , did many 200s get them

Also can you get these now and are they a direct replacement fit or is there more to it ?

Just put projector headlights into search, there's loads of stuff about them without starting another thread. People are quite gentle on here compared to some forums but it helps avoiding getting flamed if you do a bit of research before posting questions.

Just to to help you along this time.

They were a factory option. They came equipped with cornering lights. You can retro fit the units but the cornering lights won't work.

Just put projector headlights into search, there's loads of stuff about them without starting another thread. People are quite gentle on here compared to some forums but it helps avoiding getting flamed if you do a bit of research before posting questions.

Just to to help you along this time.

They were a factory option. They came equipped with cornering lights. You can retro fit the units but the cornering lights won't work.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but rather than start another, when you say can retro fit the lights are they not direct fit then? Are there any brackets etc that would need replacing? I've just got my RS 200 and it has'nt got factory projector headlamps. I understand the corner lights wont work but will the auto light function still work?

Many thanks

EDIT:

So these units:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...3ec74e13a378072848ad2959f30f46ca5b3138&000176

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...2b2acf07da944b512c3038c3e5037613f91181&000176

Last edited:
The auto headlights should work as before it has nothing to do with the headlight itself, I have fitted projector headlights used ones, Remember that new valeo ones, don't come it the auto levelling motor (£38) and it is different from the standard light motor, as well as that there are plastic parts that rivet onto the front of the headlight to support the bumper or secure the headlight you might be able to fit them without it as they are hidden behind the bumper, Lastly you will need bulbs I used the osram nightbreaker ones for full beam and dip I had Xeon headlights on my 172 Clio as standard and thought they where the best the night breaker bulbs are as good without stupid HID and higher powered bulbs. With the projector headlight the bulbs are hard to fit when mounted, So put new bulbs in before fitting and make sure they are seated properly as it can make a big difference to the beam distance. I would buy the valeo ones as some of the others you see about have wires that need spliced in and others have different bulb fitting door layouts and plugs I have not seen them all but with the valeo ones you know the connector is going to fit in. Remember the used ones will come normally with everything fitted but you will have the problem of condition. Remember look for ones from other Mk3 models not just Clio 197 or 200's they are the same and you are more likely to get a better price also remember the different shapes of head light for the facelift bumper they will have a notch for the bumper to sit into the headlight at the outside edge on newer models. I think that mine cost me £40 for one as it came off a std Clio and the scrapyard charged that price for Clio mk3 headlights I took it out myself, the other cost £80 ebay. I think there should be a fact/info section in the form with the pros and cons of things like this projector headlight subject with all the FAQ's answered, what's involved what to look for and avoid buying junk copies that will never be a good job. The cornering lights have a separate plug which your loom does not have the extra plug but the headlight works like a normal headlight.

Is there any issues regarding MOT when in comes to cornering lights not working? I know they are not essential but sometimes with these things if its fitted it has to function.

We use government test centres and mine passed fine they check indicators, sidelights, dip and full beam, to tell you the truth they aren't what they are made out to be in city's people think your are flashing them to pull out, others think you are being a tube flashing at them, the beam that turns with the wheel I think is best you can distract people coming the other way on slow narrow roads especially the vans the lights are high up and more in your face.

The auto headlights should work as before it has nothing to do with the headlight itself, I have fitted projector headlights used ones, Remember that new valeo ones, don't come it the auto levelling motor (£38) and it is different from the standard light motor, as well as that there are plastic parts that rivet onto the front of the headlight to support the bumper or secure the headlight you might be able to fit them without it as they are hidden behind the bumper, Lastly you will need bulbs I used the osram nightbreaker ones for full beam and dip I had Xeon headlights on my 172 Clio as standard and thought they where the best the night breaker bulbs are as good without stupid HID and higher powered bulbs. With the projector headlight the bulbs are hard to fit when mounted, So put new bulbs in before fitting and make sure they are seated properly as it can make a big difference to the beam distance. I would buy the valeo ones as some of the others you see about have wires that need spliced in and others have different bulb fitting door layouts and plugs I have not seen them all but with the valeo ones you know the connector is going to fit in. Remember the used ones will come normally with everything fitted but you will have the problem of condition. Remember look for ones from other Mk3 models not just Clio 197 or 200's they are the same and you are more likely to get a better price also remember the different shapes of head light for the facelift bumper they will have a notch for the bumper to sit into the headlight at the outside edge on newer models. I think that mine cost me £40 for one as it came off a std Clio and the scrapyard charged that price for Clio mk3 headlights I took it out myself, the other cost £80 ebay. I think there should be a fact/info section in the form with the pros and cons of things like this projector headlight subject with all the FAQ's answered, what's involved what to look for and avoid buying junk copies that will never be a good job. The cornering lights have a separate plug which your loom does not have the extra plug but the headlight works like a normal headlight.

I couldnt find the fact/info section on the website could you point me in the right direction?

I'm getting all sorts of different responses from people on here about the projector light units, which is odd considering how often the change is carried out.

Is there a how to from start to finish? Also do you have a link to the £3 auto levelling motor?

Is there any issues regarding MOT when in comes to cornering lights not working? I know they are not essential but sometimes with these things if its fitted it has to function.

Also has anyone thought about wiring the corner lights as a DRL style? Wire them into the igntion live feed or would it look stupid? Just pondering as i dont have projectors yet