Projector headlights

I am looking into buying some projector headlights for my 200. Where have people bought theres from and how much?
Cheers

If your a paid member (only a fiver) you'll get access to the 'Ask Karl' section where you can buy genuine parts at discount prices.

The projectors are £272.20 a set plus delivery from Karl.

Last edited:
And they make £272 worth of difference to the front end.

Some mods you can't see where the money went but te projectors really have a massive improvement on how the car looks

I personally think that's reasonable for two headlights. A friend recently got a quote for two new headlights for his A4, that was £700 plus vat!!

I bought mine from eBay. Just keep an eye out for new genuine ones on there. Paid £198 for the pair.

Couple of stupid questions:

1. If i buy genuine xenon projector headlamps for 197 can i fit aftermarket d2s xenon kit? How about mot check because i have to use halogen bulbs in mot check? Cannot pass if there is not automatic vertical adjustment.. Or is it better to buy genuine projector headlights which are supposed to use with H7 or H1 halogen bulbs and just get aftermarket H1 or H7 xenon kit?
2. Cornering function will not work, but vertical adjustment from cabin works with motors?
3. Can i use my original not-projector headlight adjustment motors in xenon headlights?

Couple of stupid questions:

1. If i buy genuine xenon projector headlamps for 197 can i fit aftermarket d2s xenon kit? How about mot check because i have to use halogen bulbs in mot check? Cannot pass if there is not automatic vertical adjustment.. Or is it better to buy genuine projector headlights which are supposed to use with H7 or H1 halogen bulbs and just get aftermarket H1 or H7 xenon kit?
2. Cornering function will not work, but vertical adjustment from cabin works with motors?
3. Can i use my original not-projector headlight adjustment motors in xenon headlights?

1. I'd buy genuine projectors.

2. Vertical adjustment will work.

3. The motor just twists of the old non-projector and fits the same way onto the new projector.

1. I'd buy genuine projectors.

2. Vertical adjustment will work.

3. The motor just twists of the old non-projector and fits the same way onto the new projector.

1. Yep, you see there is projector headlights available for xenon model and halogen model..?

1. Yep, you see there is projector headlights available for xenon model and halogen model..?

Oh right.

Guessing the one for Xenon is H1 fitment and Halogen H7? Does it matter which one you get?

I've got the Xenon H1 model which has a cornering light. As my car doesn't have this option I've just left the cornering light empty.

xenon model is for the factory fitted xenon headlight which are d2s bulbs the projector headlight for halogen are h1 and h7 headlights are non projector

Last edited:
i'm lost again guys,i also want to change my standard 197 cup lights to projectors,what do i need to buy? thanks for any help

P.S. i already have H7 phillips xtreme vision bulbs in my standard lights so i'm guessing these can be reused,sorry for being a pain i'm just sh!t with anything electrical

i'm lost again guys,i also want to change my standard 197 cup lights to projectors,what do i need to buy?l
Sorry to sound sarcastic, but first you'll need the projector headlamps! Ask Karl or hit up eBay for them. Obviously, 200 headlamp units won't fit the 197 and vice versa.

P.S. i already have H7 phillips xtreme vision bulbs in my standard lights so i'm guessing these can be reused
The full beam bulb in the projector headlamp units is H7 fitting. The dipped is H1. Most* projector headlamp units will come with a cornering lamp - this won't work, but you'll just want an H7 bulb to fill the hole.

* I say most because I am pretty sure I saw a 2006-ish regular Clio at my gym with projector lenses, but no cornering bulbs.

Henderson, you need for the conversion:

Projector headlights x 2
H1 bulbs for the dipped beam
H7 bulbs for the cornering light, which doesn't work, but fills the gap
Side light bulbs
H7 bulb for main beam

That's all you'll need and you will have to rivet on bumper support off old headlights.

Henderson, you need for the conversion:

Projector headlights x 2
H1 bulbs for the dipped beam
H7 bulbs for the cornering light, which doesn't work, but fills the gap
Side light bulbs
H7 bulb for main beam

That's all you'll need and you will have to rivet on bumper support off old headlights.

cheers luke

my standard lights run H7 bulbs in both dipped and main beam,but you say the dipped beam in the projectors runs a H1 bulb,will the plug still fit? cheers

I believe there are 2 different sets...

Projector headlamps - 7701061073 and 7701061074

Xenon headlamps - 7701070489 and 7701070490