Projector headlight retrofit

Hi All,

Before you all sigh heavily at another projectors thread - I've done some searching and I'm completely at a loss as to what is what.

I want to clear up how exactly this is done as I can't find a how-to that covers all the bases in terms of part numbers etc. To clear this up, I have posted these below:

Reflector Near Side
Renault P/N: 260603414R
Valeo P/N: 088949

Reflector Off Side
Renault P/N: 260101668R
Valeo P/N: 088950

Projector Near Side
Renault P/N: 7701061074 (Found on this forum and confirmed by Valeo)
Valeo P/N: 088953

Projector Off Side
Renault P/N: 7701061073
Valeo P/N: 088954

The problem I have is that I currently have a near side projector headlight being sent to me for the mk3 clio with part number 8200689297.

Can anyone confirm what this number relates to as I am under the impression there are differences between the Xenon and Halogen projector headlamps? (I am not sure why as surely the fitting would still be a H1 with a ballast in line for the Xenon lamps?)

Best Regards,
Danny

You've lost me already. I think you're making it difficult for yourself?

I had halogen head lamps... I bought my projectors from Euro Car Parts when they had a sale on. It was really simple, plug and play! The projectors are not Xenon though, Xenon is a completely different animal. With the projectors you can still run normal bulbs, or you can buy an HID kit to make it an ''Xenon'' light.

Projectors come with cornering lights: if you car doesn't have this option then you won't be able to use the cornering lights unless you install them and wire them? I left the bulb out.

The projector lamp iirc is a H1 bulb so would need a set of those. The rest of the bulbs you can take from your halogen lamp. You all need to swap the headlight leveller over from your old halogen lamp.

There are differences between the 197 projector and 200 projector as they are slightly different shapes! (cut out for the bumper).

I may have the completely wrong end of stick to what your after? But might help!

You've lost me already. I think you're making it difficult for yourself?...

I think you may have cleared it up for me - I am buying these units second hand and have purchased the near side unit, I just wanted to check the code for the off side.

I do know that both are from MK3 Clio's pre-2009 which would make them the 197 shape.

Pretty sure I am good to go with what I have coming my way - I was just confused as the way some people explained the Halogen/Xenon I was lead to believe that there may have been a different in-line connector on the loom.

Cheers for your help!

Just buy Valeo projectors for clio 3 2006-2008 (not facelift), and you will be fine. Check that new or second hand units do include levelling motors. Light units are really plug and play. I have done that conversion some months ago (LHD model).

There are 2 different light unit versions, halogen or xenon. You have to be sure that you are buying halogen versions.

Just buy Valeo projectors for clio 3 2006-2008 (not facelift), and you will be fine. Check that new or second hand units do include levelling motors. Light units are really plug and play. I have done that conversion some months ago (LHD model).

There are 2 different light unit versions, halogen or xenon. You have to be sure that you are buying halogen versions.

See this is where my confusion lies - you mention 2 different light versions, my understanding was they would be the same and the only difference is the bulb type (xenon) and the fact ballasts would be needed for xenon.

Can you explain the differences in the actual light units between xenon and halogen?

Fitting for the bulb is completely different, wiring is different

Any ideas whether this one is the xenon or halogen unit?

I know for a fact the other side i have purchased is halogen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170701-224531.png
    Screenshot_20170701-224531.png
    504.2 KB · Views: 29