Problems! Help!!

I didn't fit the exhaust in the end, when we noticed all the other problems I thought there was no point. Ther reason I bought the exhaust was because it was blowing, it wasn't until I went to fit it I realised it was blowing from the manifold! Do you have any idea or able to find out the life expectancy of the parts that have gone wrong as that's what consumer direct have asked me to do, cheers

oh right im not sure how you find that out mate, it all depends on soo much, how you drive, how the car is looked after, how often the car is serviced lots of stuff mate, ive heard of a few manifolds that have cracked on here so it is a common fault, you maybe able to get renault to pay a contribution which sometimes they do in some, circumstances, did you buy the car from a main dealer or a back street garage? i would seriously concider taking the garage that said they had done aserivce on the car to court or at least get trading standards involved coz they obviously didnt do anything apart from take your money.

A back street garage on an industrial estate, seemed really decent people. Consumer direct have asked me to find out the average life span of them parts, I thought it was fairly impossible! For aotho know the car could have lived on the track with the previous owner.

Have you spoken to the garage in question and told them what is going on ?

I know you have gone over by 61 miles but surley if the garage is 40 mile away like you say it is at the time of noticing the fault you would have only been 21 miles over ?

Any decent garage will help you if there is such a small over allowance .

Although I do admit with a list as long as that they may bury there head in the sand shouting terms and conditions ......

I do think you have a case though if you can prove it was not serviced at the time of collection possibly mention this to them see what sort of reaction that provokes if still no joy mention in light of an independant vehical check it has become clear the car was bot serviced and say you are seeking legal advise for miss selling / failure to keep to purchase agreemnt . That should get things moving .

What ever you do as tempting as it is do not break the law the mear surgestion of "correction" is madness the law and certain loop holes may e onside to help u get some money back so don't throw that away.

Good luck and sorry for spelling mistakes typed from an iPhone whilst on the train

Cheers for that mate, i'm definately not going to do anything with the milage. I've taken a picture of the Current milage with the date on it and il get Renault to do the same when I take it in the morning

Have you spoken to the garage in question and told them what is going on ?

I know you have gone over by 61 miles but surley if the garage is 40 mile away like you say it is at the time of noticing the fault you would have only been 21 miles over ?

Any decent garage will help you if there is such a small over allowance .

Although I do admit with a list as long as that they may bury there head in the sand shouting terms and conditions ......

I do think you have a case though if you can prove it was not serviced at the time of collection possibly mention this to them see what sort of reaction that provokes if still no joy mention in light of an independant vehical check it has become clear the car was bot serviced and say you are seeking legal advise for miss selling / failure to keep to purchase agreemnt . That should get things moving .

What ever you do as tempting as it is do not break the law the mear surgestion of "correction" is madness the law and certain loop holes may e onside to help u get some money back so don't throw that away.

Good luck and sorry for spelling mistakes typed from an iPhone whilst on the train

Totally agree, most garages would say its only a tiny bit and hopefully be understanding especially with the manifold, if not talk to renault themselves and say its shoddy workmanship for something to go at such an early point in the cars life etc etc but be nice lol!