Problems! Help!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Right! Ive just been to my mates house (whos a mechanic) to fit my Milltek Exhaust i bought yesterday.....

A couple of weeks ago i posted on here about a smell of leaking oil, someone said it could be a leaking rocker cover gasket, which it turned out to be. i put off taking it back to the garage because its 40miles away, i was planning on taking it this coming saturday, then my exhaust started blowing, so i thought il definately take it back this saturday to get the exhaust fixed and the oil leak.

Anyway, my mate was under the car looking to see where it was blowing, it turned out to be a crack in the manifold which has 2 flexi pipes attached to it, not going to be cheap to replace!

then he noticed an oil patch near the driveshaft, so he looked closer and noticed it was the driveshaft seal leaking.

When i bought the car they chucked in a free service, which i was starting to doubt they'd even done it. We then checked the wheels for play, the N/S/F Track rod has excessive play in, The N/S/R hand break dosnt work, the O/S/R wheel is binding! By this point i was well pissed off. We checked the oil and it was jet black...... So much for the free service! They even chucked in a free service next year to save me £200 they said rather than knock any money off the car!

Oh and the steering wheel vibrates under hard breaking!

Ive got 15 days left of the 3 months warranty you get when buying from a garage. Ive just taken my car to my local renault garage and booked it in on wednesday for an hour long ''diagnostics check'' (£45+VAT) where they'll list all the faults and send me away with a piece of paper with renault on top to take back to the garage i bought it which is money well spent i think!

Thanks for reading, sorry for the rant, i absolutly love the car! wanted one for years! just want some advice on what to do????
Cheers, Gaz

I've just checked the small print and it says 3month / 3000miles and I've just done 3061 miles last night! I feel sick! I did the best part of 400 miles last night driving down south to pick the milltek up :worried: What's the best thing to do? My mate recons the manifold with the 2 flexi pipes will be getting on for a grand

Yeah mate, it's a 56 plate, I'm the 2nd owner so I'm guessing the person who owned it from new had it until the 3 year warrenty ran out then got rid. Jut don't have a clue what to do? I'm gutted!

If I were you I would keep an eye out for one at a breakers, got to be better than splashing out for a new one

there's all the other problems aswell. As I say I've got it booked in at renault on Wednesday to find any other problems. With regards to the garage I bought it from I'm ringing trading standards 1st thing in the morning because nearly all the problems should have been picked up in the service

That is probably the best course of action to be honest. At least if you have written proof from Renault of all your problems, you will have some ammo for them. Good luck with getting it sorted.

That's crossed my mind, I've got 15 days of warrenty if I'd haven't of gone over the milage limit. Will there be any way of tracing that that's been done? I really don't like the thought of it but I've been shafted and can't afford to get it fixed! Renault are going to price it all up on Wednesday which I know will be a ridiculas price

google "milage correction" (in your area) to fix that milage increase that the spike in your electric caused when you were fitting that head unit, wink wink!!

Then land the ****ers with it!

a quick legal disclaimer:

Clio197.net and its members do not support or endorse 'mileage correction' of any description. Please refrain from discussing it in any form!

Thankyou.

a quick legal disclaimer:

Clio197.net and its members do not support or endorse 'mileage correction' of any description. Please refrain from discussing it in any form!

Thankyou.

pshhh....

Obviously this is a convo between me (indipendant party A) and the OP (indipendant party B). I think its a no brainer that the forum doesnt condone it Aid :wink:

But... the dealer is having him off. Its my advice to a fellow forum member!

And its legal to correct a fault :wink: :wink: XXX

Last edited:
I would say to them that going over by 61 miles not going to have caused this amount of problems, the car has obviously been faulty for a good while. Tell them you drove the car to your mate who highlighted the problems after you were concerned. Then he advised you to go to the nearest Renault dealer to get all the faults diagnosed officially and that with the excess driving to and from as a result of the problems, including the dealers road tests, that that is what has caused the extra millage! Just tell them that you are really not very happy and that they have let you down, you thought they were a reputable company and you didn't expect these kinds of problems after it was only serviced by them just before you bought the car.

And then I would just see what they say.

I would say to them that going over by 61 miles not going to have caused this amount of problems, the car has obviously been faulty for a good while. Tell them you drove the car to your mate who highlighted the problems after you were concerned. Then he advised you to go to the nearest Renault dealer to get all the faults diagnosed officially and that with the excess driving to and from as a result of the problems, including the dealers road tests, that that is what has caused the extra millage! Just tell them that you are really not very happy and that they have let you down, you thought they were a reputable company and you didn't expect these kinds of problems after it was only serviced by them just before you bought the car.

And then I would just see what they say.

There are terms and conditions for a reason although i think there is a clause of some description about being "reasonable" Ie if an item has warranty for 1 year and breaks after 367 days they should replace an item.

Also mielage correction isnt illegal, it is however illegal to sell the car afterwards without declaring it!

your best bet it to go into the Dealers, speak with the service manager. If they're a good bunch they will do everything they can to help you out. Your next step is the Dealer Principle, then if knowbody in the grage will enterain you Trading Standards, the garage are liable for a cost percentage on a car up to within 1 year of purchase. Think worst case scenario for you is that you would have to foot 75% of the bill. Worst Case.

ive thought about that and dont really want to take the risk. I really dont like the thought of been sh*t on!
i spoke to consumer direct today and they've advised me to goto the garage i bought it from and just see what they say, if they fob me off, i can say about the sales of goods act, if they fob me agan, ive got to ring consumer direct and we'll go from there. Ive also got to ring 2 renault dealers and renault UK to ask the average life span of the parts that have gone wrong. Has anyone any ideas on here?

Im still taking it to renault in the morning so they can check it over

im gutted for you mate, the only problem is that youve now fitted a milltek exhaust, i know that fitting this is not going cause these problems but the garage can use this against you as it is not standard parts, which in turn will void your warrenty anyway, just saying as i work for a renault main dealer and thats what our dealer would say if you brought it to us, also what side is the oil leak coming from?