Pre Nurburgring detail (pic heavy)

I'm off to the ring tomorrow morning so decided to give the Clio some TLC before i depart. I initially intended to give it a proper polish and wax however i ran out of time due to other commitments before the trip. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone photos.

I'm no expert at this so any comments or tips would be welcome.

Started off with the interior which was hoovered, poorboys natural look was applied to the plastics:

520475d1.jpg

686bceab.jpg

Then wheels were removed and apc was agitated with a brush:

ea4c918b.jpg

After the arches were sealed with a spray sealant:

bddadb17.jpg

This is how they came out:

f7a6978b.jpg

Wheels were taken off, washed, polished with SRP and wheel sealant was applied:

ccfc745c.jpg

6216a6c2.jpg

Final wipe down with AG aqua wax:

3d48c720.jpg

Then it was time to move on to the paintwork, first the car was sprayed down with APC :

81ed140f.jpg

After it was washed using the 2 bucket method and Sonax shampoo:

c6fe6925.jpg

Iron X was applied, did a good job on my car:

4aa9b410.jpg

3a69435a.jpg

Car was re washed :

ffbf186f.jpg

Then it was clayed using Dodo juice clay and some speed detailer:

cae28dae.jpg

Result from just claying:

7e90cdbf.jpg

After the claying it was washed again and dried. Rubber seals and vinyl roof were treated to some natural look:

dd5f32ae.jpg

As i said earlier i was intending to polish and wax but time was tight so finished off with a coat of Chemical guys hybrid V7, here are the final results:

3b1578d8.jpg

dfc2a6a8.jpg

4a37a58a.jpg

d509d440.jpg

cb4d6af0.jpg

thanks for reading

Ollie

Looks tip top Ollie, you've done a good job there..

Have fun at the ring and enjoy those tunnels on the way :smile:

Been over here at the Ring now for a few days its been crap weather but sunny today and tomorrow so it says R888's are on and ready for a 10am start .

I got your txt , txt me tomorrow we can meet / chat

Looks mint Ollie, love the little details like the extinguisher and The 'Ring sticker etc..

Looks mint Ollie, love the little details like the extinguisher and The 'Ring sticker etc..

Didn't notice the extinguisher at first, looking back now I notice that its got a key hole and no start button but it looks like a non cup full fat with the green door bump strips and silver calipers...

What's the score there Ollie?

Still looks mint tho (excuse the pun) and those exhaust trims are immense.. :wink:

Didn't notice the extinguisher at first, looking back now I notice that its got a key hole and no start button but it looks like a non cup full fat with the green door bump strips and silver calipers...

What's the score there Ollie?

Still looks mint tho (excuse the pun) and those exhaust trims are immense.. :wink:

yeah it's not a cup version it's FF, the keyless start is an option in mainland Europe as far as i know... thanks, i'm loving them