Pre cat removed!

So today I decided to remove all the cells from
my pre cat! Took a while to 'pull' out and some force but hopefully will be alright!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 256
Would it not have made more sense to get a pre-cat delete pipe in case you wanna revert to standard at some point?

No because it means chopping my manifold and I can't get in to weld it and it would mean removing it which is a costly job. The cars here to stay. It's not going back standard.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this actually do? I've seen plenty of "removing the centre silencer" and "de-cat" but not this.

From what i gather is will give you a monumental flatspot

however the noise can make up for this

i have heard this done on an unsilenced oreca system and its sounds like an r3 rally car

Basically gets rid of a huge restriction. Instead of having 2 restrictions, I've only got one. Flat spot 'if it has one' will be improved when it goes to rs tuning for some work on the 23rd! Haven't been out in it yet so I don't know if the flat spot is bad.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this actually do? I've seen plenty of "removing the centre silencer" and "de-cat" but not this.

the 197/200 has the catalytic converter in two separate parts of the exhaust - one at the bottom of the manifold (some call it "pre-cat") and another just in the exhaust as it goes straight in the centre of the car the "main-cat" and this is what is usually "de-catted" ie removed from the exhaust...remove the cats improves the exhaust gas flow but the ecu/injection doesn't usually compensate for this and so they run "weak" and cause a flat spot in the delivery as theres not enough fuelling...

Last edited:
No, I was under the impression if it came out of the factory like it, it needed to have it for its mot. I'm sure it'll pass emissions, just wondered if it'd pass a physical check.

No, I was under the impression if it came out of the factory like it, it needed to have it for its mot. I'm sure it'll pass emissions, just wondered if it'd pass a physical check.

Correct, under the newest guidelines the car has to have the ''factory'' number of Cats fitted.

But, if from the outside it appears that the car looks to have both Cats still then they're never going to take the exhaust off to look inside it. :wink:

Correct, under the newest guidelines the car has to have the ''factory'' number of Cats fitted.

But, if from the outside it appears that the car looks to have both Cats still then they're never going to take the exhaust off to look inside it. :wink:

indeed :wink:

Mmmmm
Dont know what to do now then, i need flexis and cat as both blowing
Find yourself a friendly MOT tester who likes their modded cars :innocent:

I'm having Manifold, decat and exhaust fitted followed by an MOT in 2 weeks time if I can fund it, haha.

But there wont be any problems at mot time as it will pass anyway, pre cats are for first registration of the vehicle, so after this it is no longer needed as the bigger 2nd cat is good enough for mot emissions