Possible missfire?

Quite a few gone on here, most all of a sudden, one or two showed rough running before they went.

I had the exact same problem about 6 moths ago on my 1.4 mk3. Replaced all the coil pack at a cost of £80 and the problem was solved. :smile:

Got the coils for £64 and the sparks for £30. Original Renault ones so hoping they come prepared gapped.

Getting the car back tonight.

They think they have got to the route of the problem. A sensor on the gearbox the reads the engine speed was misreading the speed, sometimes down to '0'. (?) Hope that makes sense as me and my sausage fingers aren't to technical.

Arnold Clark Blackpool have just changed this off there own back, not seaking payment due to the PITA it is trying to get co-op to authorise jobs to be done under warranty. Should of cost around £90 for the part +fitting so ill bung the service manager a bottle of plonk.

Last edited:
Getting the car back tonight.

They think they have got to the route of the problem. A sensor on the gearbox the reads the engine speed was misreading the speed, sometimes down to '0'. (?) Hope that makes sense as me and my sausage fingers aren't to technical.

Arnold Clark Blackpool have just changed this off there own back, not seaking payment due to the PITA it is trying to get co-op to authorise jobs to be done under warranty. Should of cost around £90 for the part +fitting so ill bung the service manager a bottle of plonk.

which sensor exactly? any part numbers?

do they mean the tdc sensor thats the only one on the gearbox that reads any "speed" data...

Tdc was at fault.

The dealership even fixed a blown bulb for free.

Has unearthed a new problem, exhaust flexi is blowing, time for a new thread... A combo of this, the tdc sensor and coil packs = one very rough 197

Last edited:
Ffs! Are you going to try and get it welded or are you going to buy the Toyosports stainless steel one?

The MOT is due on Monday so just have to get it sorted, no time to think or dwell. Won't be perfect with a bodge but will be a damn site better than it is.