Posible to get papers from RUK proving you can fit Laguna Silverstones?

We are not allowed to change the track width by more than a total of 15mm or 7.5mm each side. It has been almost impossible to find a set of rims for my winter wheels, there simply are no wheels with enough offset on the Norwegian market. I finally found a nice set of Silverstones. They have an ET of 50mm which give a change in track width of 30mm, or double what is allowed.

To be allowed to run these wheels I need official papers from Renault saying it is OK to run them, and they need to added to the list of legal wheels in the cars official paperwork. Is there even a slight chance I can get this?

Thanks guys. I don't have high hopes on achieving this, but I'll try. If not I will have no choice but to run them illegaly this winter.

There are no 197/200s here. As far as I know they were not imported. So the chance of finding a set is nil. Understandably everyone I have contacted in the UK say no to the hassle of shipping abroad...

Last edited:
The laguna wheels are narrower too, 6mm either side so your only talking 5.5mm from what your allowed, hardly going to show up is it?

Paint them black and you'd be hard pushed to tell without taking the wheels off.

Thanks for encouraging me. I will keep them, but just to make it clear the width of the wheel does not affect tracking width as this is measured from the centre of the wheel. Only offset affects this.

Thanks for encouraging me. I will keep them, but just to make it clear the width of the wheel does not affect tracking width as this is measured from the centre of the wheel. Only offset affects this.

Your right i was thinking of the outer edge of the wheel ;/

Still it's only a few mm, do they go around measuring tracking alot? :smiley:

You're a brave man doing this in Norway, i work in Norway quite a bit and everyone i talk to at my work over there hate how strict the law is regarding cars, especially high performance ones!

Good luck mate :smile:

Brave or stupid??? Yes they measure a lot. They even have at least one transportable rolling roads to check for illegal tuning, and they are talking about the need for more. Fees for having more than stock HP range from £3000-£30-40.000

Brave or stupid??? Yes they measure a lot. They even have at least one transportable rolling roads to check for illegal tuning, and they are talking about the need for more. Fees for having more than stock HP range from £3000-£30-40.000

That's crazy.. Fortunately as most 197/200's don't make anywhere near Renaults stated bhp figures you can happily tune it... :wink:

Do they pay you if your car is under the manufacturer quoted power?

That's crazy.. Fortunately as most 197/200's don't make anywhere near Renaults stated bhp figures you can happily tune it... :wink:

That's probably true. They measure at the wheels as well. Are these engines measured at the crank, is that why the numbers at the wheels are low?

That's probably true. They measure at the wheels as well. Are these engines measured at the crank, is that why the numbers at the wheels are low?

Even with that taken into account all Clio RSs will read under what they are quoted as having. It will most likely be due to us not having the perfect fuel, perfect air temps etc that Renault probably used. A good re-map will see you getting around 195-200bhp on a 197/200 with a panel filter to help.

I really hope they re-open the ferry between here and the UK. I would love to come for a visit, get the car remapped and upgraded and try some of your tracks. How much do you pay for a trackday?

Last edited:
I really hope they reopen the ferry between here and the UK. I would love to come for a visit, get the car remapped and upgraded and try some of your tracks. How much do you pay for a trackday?

I'm doing donington park next tuesday, it cost me £139

During our (Mild to you) winter you could get cadwell park for about £119, open pit lane.

What about the warmer months? The reason I'm asking is I've been told it could be as much as £1000 a day. Is this correct?
I pay £110 over here, but the track is in a different part of the country, 8 hours drive each way...

What about the warmer months? The reason I'm asking is I've been told it could be as much as £1000 a day. Is this correct?
I pay £110 over here, but the track is in a different part of the country, 8 hours drive each way...

No, about £200 to £250 will get you a day out at a popular track.

Similar Thread Suggestions