Popping Exhaust? (BANG!)

Does anyone have any experience on how to make these cars pop? I've done it twice now and it's pretty loud, seems to do it at the 3-4k RPM range when you blip the throttle for a gear change. I just can't seem to nail it, is there an easier way?

Seriously though, is it even meant to do that?

With a standard exhaust I think it's pretty random and happens when it's nice and warm? I have a Scorpion Non-Res and it pops and burbles at random, but more so when up to temp and going up and down gears :smiley:

Not sure if you can get it to happen when you want unless you have no cats or a pops and bangs map.

Mine had a ktec decat and back box when i had one and it used to pop and bang all day long. Miss it sooo much

With a standard exhaust I think it's pretty random and happens when it's nice and warm? I have a Scorpion Non-Res and it pops and burbles at random, but more so when up to temp and going up and down gears :smiley:

Not sure if you can get it to happen when you want unless you have no cats or a pops and bangs map.

It wasn't ridiculously warm, I drove it a little bit hard but never went much over 5k. Ambient temp according to the thermo is about 1c, so pretty cold outside too.

I am a believer that working hard for pops and bangs is always better than having them on demand.

Agree, but would be nice to know where they mostly pop up.

Mine had a ktec decat and back box when i had one and it used to pop and bang all day long. Miss it sooo much

How did you find it? Annoying or okay?

The best thing i ever did. It sounded glorious. It wasn't over the top loud or too quiet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyxsz6pguPg (50 seconds into the video is mine, only 1st and 2nd gear) Not sure whether the exhausts ktec sell now are the same because they used mine to design and make the aftermarket exhaust for the 200.

On cold days, it's easier to get pop n bang. On standard exhaust u can get pops when car has just warmed up at about 50-60 c, when u drive it hard at the time at up shift, u should get one. On my akra, it burbles when cruise at about 1250rpm, if u can feather the throttle, it will burble n pop all day. If I push hard on the akra, it will pop when I lift the throttle

Mine pops and bangs and throws flames like a trooper on full chat on the track, I'm running full akra, and a toyosport manifold.

Dont really do it as much on the road tho.

Mine does it easy enough when I change gear or lift off, I've got the oreca group a system with a sports cat fitted and a toyosports manifold. It's still on the standard map at the moment.

A way to make it do it without a crackle map (but only when stationary) is fit an omex launch control system as that is independent of the ecu. What that will do is limit the revs to a lower level while you hold a button by cutting the ignition but as the ecu knows nothing about it it keeps telling the injectors to inject fuel but with no spark it doesn't get burnt so it is sent down the hot exhaust system and burns when it reaches the oxygen at the end. = pops, bangs and flames. And only when you ask for them. And a launch control system to play with.

Last edited: