Pondering new exhaust... Options??

Brought my 200 back in January and the previous owner put a Miltek cat back system on. Got a dilemma on my hands as I ideally would like to add my own touch to the car.

Keep the Miltek and add a sports cat and K-TEC manifold.
Akrapovic back box / straight centre pipe with sports cat and mani.
Or finally change to the Akrapovic evo system.

I do really like the sound and built quality of the
Akrapovic.

Cheers Chris. I was kinda thinking that. Wouldn't get any better benefit but doing the sports cat and mani option?

Wouldn't touch the manifold until/if it goes. Won't see much gains, couple of bhp maybe. Akra is decat as standard and should pass mot with just the pre cat on the manifold.

Sound like I would see more benefit from the full Akra system. If the mani goes then I'll just replace it with a OEM. Can't remove both cats and still pas the MOT (bit of a long shot)

After speaking to the lads at rs tuning, who mapped my car they reckoned that the standard manifold with the pre cat deleted from it is the most superior manifold.
I've got a sports cat in my car but I'd only bother with one if neither of the original cats are fitted, as it's a criminal offence to drive a car knowingly with the cat removed. (Providing it was manufactured with a cat obviously) obviously not Morris minors etc.

I personally can't justify spending double the money on the Akrapovic. That said, it is supposedly the best for sound and performance but can't say I've experienced either. I've just bought a mid-silencer delete pipe for £30. Sounds pretty good with just that done, will probably be enough for me considering the standard exhaust isn't as restrictive as some OEM exhaust on other vehicles. Don't think there's much power to be gained even with the most expensive systems.

You should consider the oreca exhaust it's super light weight (only 10.6kg) and sounds amazing but still not overly loud and it's a good price compared to some others

as another option why don't you have the silencers changed on the milltek to smaller volume items? it would have to be custom but a lot cheaper than replacing the whole system

Oreca System, Race Battery, Rear Seat Delete, Induction Kit, RSTuning Custom Map. That weight removal and extra mods would get you far more BHP and improved BHP/Tonne than a single Akra system. That should also come to around the same price :smile:

But that's just advice.

I've got the oreca system in my car and at meetings and shows, ect. I often get asked what the exhaust system is. I picked tthe oreca system because it's not designed to look pretty, it's designed to do a job, I found having 2 exhaust exits annoying as it's not necessary and thought that the oreca system can do the job without carrying dead weight or having silly exhaust tips. Nearly all of my modifications are primarily for function.
Oreca in my opinion is the one to go for, but it removes the main cat so if you haven't got the pre cat either you'll not pass an mot. Thats why I fitted a sports cat.
Sounds spot on too, it adds to the fun when blasting around the b roads