Police on dual carriageway bridge

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi all,

Just a quick question really. Just been coming home and down a dual carriageway. Have to admit I was going over the speed limit and it was very naughty of me.

Anyway I spotted a police van (riot van style) and it was on the bridge above the dual carriageway. There were police in side (driver and passenger) but no one outside and I just wondered what they were doing - basically have I been caught speeding?

It looked like the passenger who was facing the dual carriageway had something on his shoulder (like a old video camera) but it was dark so I couldn't really see.

Thanks
James

Could have just been spotters.

One officer spotting traffic and then at the next junction a traffic officer on the slip road waiting for "blue renault in excess of 100mph just passing junction". So given no one pulled you, you might be in the clear.

Only way to tell for sure is wait for the brown envelope through the door.

How much were you over? 80ish they don't give a t0ss generally but if you're approaching a ton past 90+ they would be.

Yeah I was doing probably between 80 - 85 but more like 80 ish.

Horrible feeling thinking you may have been caught.

Not sure if they were eating doughnuts or not but now I fancy a doughnut!!

True about the speedo overreading :001_rolleyes:

If I was ever clocked off a bridge (99%) I never speed.

I would go to court. Radar is massively in accurate and have very stringent standards to be accurate.

I'm sure it was once proved in court that the court room wall was doing 17mph!!!

I'm sure it was once proved in court that the court room wall was doing 17mph!!!

I remember reading something similar myself.

Curtains on the side of trucks throw the readings out too when they're flapping about

I doubt a personell carrier will be checking speed! Police officers carry cameras on their shoulder these days to record evidence during patrol.

If I was ever clocked off a bridge (99%) I never speed.

I would go to court. Radar is massively in accurate and have very stringent standards to be accurate.

It's true that radar was quite inaccurate. Probably why they don't use it any more and haven't done for years. Police use hand held laser speed guns which are very accurate though they require the calibration to be checked once a year.

^^^^

I actually meant laser mate.

They are used at work and we have to be targeted every month despite black boxes that can be accessed live via wifi.

Anyway they have to be used exactly as designed. For instant if they hit the side of the car the speed will be massively out.

I would even question it when the sit in the car on the motorway ramp they use.

Hope you didn't get caught buddy!

I got caught by a camera van a while back, got my speed awareness course tomorrow :worried: (avoids points though!)

I think you'll find that the Police don't use camera vans in the dark... And the same goes for using VASCAR in the dark too due to possible inaccuracies.

Similar Thread Suggestions