Please help & reassure me !!

Hi guys, Please help (any paint/bodywork experts).

Picked up my Clio on Sunday, drives like a dream, very very happy with it...UNTIL..

I cleaned and polished it and came across the usual stone chips (not too bothered about that to be honest). I have spotted the rear bumper is looking a different colour to the adjoining panels, I know plastic offers a slightly different finish, but please see images below and cast your opinion.

The car is 100% HPI clear but i'm concerned about a possible 'rear end bump'.

Please discuss whether this is factory or not...and weather I should let it go, or hot head my way back to the dealer.

IMG_2139.jpgIMG_2140.jpgIMG_2141.jpgIMG_2142.jpg

Please also note the lacquer blob and the panel gapping also, would this get through factory?

Apart from this colour change there are no stand out or obvious things on the car to suggest a rear end shunt...I want to gauge opinion really.

Please be nice haha !!

Thanks in advance

from those photos looks like its been painted to me :tomato:

might be worth taking the diffuser off and having a look under and behind where it fits

Don't think its been In a shunt tbh. It looks like the typical different finish the French excel at. I've noticed that my rear bumper is now looking a different shade than the body

As foxy says though, remove some panels and look for some evidence

RSZ....do you know something I don't?

I really like the car and I was pretty hesitant to put this on because things like this came make people like us lose sleep ! haha

Ah okay...I hope im over analysing, but i'm a bugger for detail and I can't believe I missed it...hopefully 'it' is nothing!

par for the course, whilst my 200 is fine the meg had several hundred if not thousand amount of work correcting miss matching panels.

My nimbus is also multi coloured. I think it's something to do with the bumpers being plastic and the other panels metal?

Also they are painted at a different time which won't help

Affects most manufacturers so its not just Renault related. I think its down to water based paints they now have to use.

Yep it's the different materials.

Two guys at work have Porsches, a 2000 Boxster in Yellow and a 2011 911 in white and both have dreadful colour matching on the front bumper/wings/bonnet.

Yeah like others have said, have a good look at panels in boot and take the diffuser off (easy couple of bolts/screws and then it's just clipped in to bumper) once that's off have a good look and make sure all is straight, it will just give piece of mind if you have a nosey, but generally bumpers on most cars are a different shade, with the panel lining just another Renault perk

Last edited:
Hi Guys, had a good look this weekend and I can sleep at night :smile: Like its been said plastic and metal covers differently and especially if they are painted differently from factory !

All is good, now all I have to worry about is getting through fuel at a rate ! Cheers

Its better than the colour match on mine

carbon_vents014_zps2ec9034f.jpg

My road car is nimbus, it looks like a different shade in some lights, looks fine other days.

Not as much as yours some days, but others it can, I think its just the plastics against the metal.