Please help me get to the Ring

catwalrus

Paid Member
Hi all I am booked up for the Nurburgring next weekend and sent the 197 down to my trusty local garage for a final check over.
Turns out my maintenance schedule is not as good as I thought long story short I need a N/S hub carrier ball joint, there are a few threads up about them.
It number 5 on the diagram attached.

Renault uk have no stock and its unclear if they have any in france.
I have located one in a breakers yard but worried it will be worse than what I have.

I am willing to try anything at this point so if anyone has one or can give me any leads it would be appreciated

please help

Attachments

• ay58ytv-1.jpg
    ay58ytv-1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 44
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for the links Its worth a try in the morning. The chap at the dealership said he was on the main system that showed no uk stock which was sort of confirmation to what the local supplier said, crazy that what seems to be a regular failed part has no stock.
I put in a complaint to renault parts they have classified it as a critical issue which means they will let me know something in 72 hrs!

I may be wrong, but number five on that diagram is not a ball joint. If it's the ball joint you need, Renault don't sell them separately. You will need to ring R Sport in Wimbledon. It should be about £60 for the ball joint. Renault will only sell you a hub carrier which is about £250ish but it really is overkill if you only need a ball joint.

we got hold of a ball joint but was the wrong one, will give these guys a call if they do have them thats great cause your right thats all i need. Would be a bonus on the price as well.
I have read on various threads that the joint can not be replaced there seemed to be a difference of opinion do you know if it can?

Awesome armed with part numbers, got a fighting chance at getting it done now
Thanks to you all, this is the first thread I have posted I have been amazed at the response.

The part you want is not sold by renault dealers, i think karl would not be able to get you one.

They are only available from (as pointed out) through RSPORT in wimbledon, good news is they are normally in stock and are around £35 each, bad news is it's snowing in europe.