Plasti dip Mini project

Hi guys,

I thought i would share some photos of my friends Mini which just got plasti dipped in matte black. He is going to be selling this stuff soon so we thought it was best to try it out ourselves before hand although personally i wouldn't have had the courage to do it to a new Mini.

Here are some photos of the process, not great quality as it's from a phone and we did it at night so not much light :

Firstly the car was masked and prepped for painting

3814a2f5.jpg

65308add.jpg

Painting in progress:

3f231787.jpg

The finish from the first coat:

35e6a672.jpg

Will post some photos of the finished car but so far this product has really impressed me!

Ollie

How hard wearing it plasitdip?

Thinking of doing the kids bikes in it.

How hard wearing it plasitdip?

Thinking of doing the kids bikes in it.

we did a test trail on an old front bumper with around 4-5 coats and i must say that the rubbery material is strong, i tried scratching it with my nail and i would say it's a bit stronger than vinyl, i will let time tell how durable it will be for the whole car but it looks positive :wink:

This stuff looks mad, I'd be curious how well it last since your supposedly able to just peel it back off again?!

I've not seen anyone apply it properly with a spray gun though, only rattle cans.

This stuff looks mad, I'd be curious how well it last since your supposedly able to just peel it back off again?!

Does it not need any (rubbing down) preperation?

If it comes off easy surely it's not keyed to paintwork.

I did my door handles, bullets, front and rear diamonds and my tailgate badge yesterday. Its the easiest stuff ever to use. Needs no prep at all

I did my door handles, bullets, front and rear diamonds and my tailgate badge yesterday. Its the easiest stuff ever to use. Needs no prep at all

Let us know how long it lasts on the door handles - i want to paint ours black and have a can of plasticoat handy :smile:

In a newsageants today i saw a mini magazine with what looked like a rubberised mini on the cover, is it this one?