Picked up yesterday

Hi all,

Picked up my 2nd 197 yesterday. Love going from not having a car for a year to being able to go round quickly and in style. So the low down.

07 in Red
48,000 miles
6 cd
xenons
auto lights and wipers
matt black standard alloys
miltek exhaust
recaros

Issues so far.

Bought the car knowing that the recaros have a bolster tear. Need to try to get repaired. Obviously car is now over 2 years interior warrenty and 48k is a fair amount of mileage for wear and tear but is there anything dealer wise i can do? Or forum members to contact? Anyone had them done on higher mileage. Car is 3 years old in june.

Also on drive back from collecting i had cruise control on in 6th gear for quite a while and check emissions warning has come up. Anything to be seriously worried about?

Cheers

Stu

welcome to the site stu.

the check emissions warning is due to the exhaust(it may have a decat too) i get it every now and then(got a mikltek and decat) it goes after about 10 short trips, will be gone before the end of the week.

i had a quote of £400 to get all the plain fabric replaced with leather(inc.. embroidery) on my front recaros(inc.. bolsters)

The replacement seat covers are £295 IIRC. However, my car is 2 1/2 years old and I've just had mine replaced under warranty - why do you think the interior warranty is only 2 years long?

Welcome to the site matey! I hope you manage to get them sorted under warranty as that is what I will be doing soon enough and my car is 2half years now. Im pretty sure its same as rest of car - 3 years.

What were the specs of your 1st 197 if you can remember???

Is there anyone at renault thats sympathetic to the recaro problem that i can speak to and get them to speak to dealer?
Have booked into dealer to look at exhaust problem. Not sure if they'll even touch if aftermarket exhaust.
My previous clio was an 06 albi blue ex dealer car.
Had folding wing mirrors
cornering headlights
6 cd
climate control
only had it 6 months before selling back as got a company car.

Similar Thread Suggestions