People that 'know it all'

Hey, i used to work as a security gaurd for a company and this one bloke in particular is a really nice guy and i love him to bits but he is a 'know it all' been there done that type of person.

He has just got a accord sport import and to him it 'rapes' everything and that it would dick on my clio. I said on a text bascially saying, oh nice, maybe in a straight line but its not all about that around a track it'd keep up if not more and end of the day on track, its about handling. He was adamant this was wrong.

I have another mate who is pretty much a professional racing driver, and coming home from a night out in the car i showed him and he was like what a bell, bet him money that i can beat him round brands in the clio on timed laps! He then went onto say (security bloke) Pink slips, and genuinly meant it but im not up for taking his car becuase im not into jap **** and if something goes wrong i dont fancy loosing mine!

So now the deal is £1k! whoever wins! Now What do you guys think? Clio or dont be so stupid the japs going to win. He claims it will be about 255bhp when he's done 'engine' stuff lol. I aim to be having, a decat JP exhaust, 64mm TB with ITG panel filter and Remap for the 'race'

What you guys think? It wont be me driving, its my other mate mentioned before who is a phenomenal driver!

Now, here's a VERY important question...

Is it an Accord Sport?

Or is it an Accord Type-R?

I hate to say it, but if it's a Type-R you might be waving goodbye to your money as those things are massively underrated and VERY quick.

Errrrr, I wish I had £1k to throw away on a bet?!

Ive no idea what the outcome would be, but please be careful :hug: don't want anything happening to our Welshy :hug:

Isnt Brands more of a power circuit?

I assume you'll be doing lap times as opposed to all out racing?

Accord with a healty 255bhp should be faster in the straight line than the Clio.

However...on the track, a different ball game.

Unless it's a TYPE-R with a LSD,...then you might think of not betting. :smiley:

And another thing - driver is a pretty big factor in the outcome of the race. :wink:

I reckon he'd go through with it, and then welch on the bet! Oh it was a crap track, i wasnt ready, it was a practice run etc etc...

Crap old TG but the best ''review'' clip I could find...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMZtAnKDuE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Now, here's a VERY important question...

Is it an Accord Sport?

Or is it an Accord Type-R?

I hate to say it, but if it's a Type-R you might be waving goodbye to your money as those things are massively underrated and VERY quick.

Its a accord import sport apprently, its got an LSD though.

Errrrr, I wish I had £1k to throw away on a bet?!

Ive no idea what the outcome would be, but please be careful :hug: don't want anything happening to our Welshy :hug:

Haha it wont be my money, its my other mate that races BMW's for a livings money, he'll front and give me like half haha

On a track would of thought so yes, even in the hands of an amateur.

Its a bit puerile though :tongueout:

thats what i thought

Isnt Brands more of a power circuit?

I assume you'll be doing lap times as opposed to all out racing?

Theres two isnt there, indy and the other one? Its the shorter one indy? We'll be on

Accord with a healty 255bhp should be faster in the straight line than the Clio.

However...on the track, a different ball game.

Unless it's a TYPE-R with a LSD,...then you might think of not betting. :smiley:

And another thing - driver is a pretty big factor in the outcome of the race. :wink:

Yeh straight line is a no brainer! but on a track...

Its an accord sport with an LSD...

The drive races cars for a living and a track day instructer, he has won the PBMW champ lots

I reckon he'd go through with it, and then welch on the bet! Oh it was a crap track, i wasnt ready, it was a practice run etc etc...
I agree with this, ive stated theres no flaking out and money will be given same day!

What is your mates name the one who races cars for a living . .

Robin Welsh, he owns RAW motorsport, the sticker on the back of my car, apprently he has got the Type R although i dont really know what to believe he would of bragged at the start if it was a genuine R lol he said to start it was a sport import!

Here's some info' on both Type-R variants from our friends at Type-R-Owners;

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/ch1.html

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/cl7.html

Sadly I can't find anything on the Accord Sport anywhere online, although it is mentioned briefly on Wiki'. I would imagine it's much like the Civic Sport compared to the Civic Type-R in which case I'd expect it to have a 2.0 i-VTEC rather than the 2.2 i-VTEC monster. If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much to be honest especially considering the lad driving yours sounds pretty good... To be fair though, he should set his best time in both cars so that the CAR and not the DRIVER makes the difference as this is what the original debate was...

Last edited:
Here's some info' on both Type-R variants from our friends at Type-R-Owners;

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/ch1.html

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/cl7.html

Sadly I can't find anything on the Accord Sport anywhere online, although it is mentioned briefly on Wiki'. I would imagine it's much like the Civic Sport compared to the Civic Type-R in which case I'd expect it to have a 2.0 i-VTEC rather than the 2.2 i-VTEC monster. If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much to be honest especially considering the lad driving yours sounds pretty good... To be fair though, he should set his best time in both cars so that the CAR and not the DRIVER makes the difference as this is what the original debate was...

I like them, but some standard ones look so... standard! Yes i dont know what to believe tbh, his last car was the same but looked god awful, he is the 'Just slap a Vtec' sticker on type of guy!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 10