Passenger Side Driveshaft

Yes it needs draining ideally. It is possible to just plug the hole with a piece of rag though.
There are no retaining bolts. There is a circlip which can be stiff, but the shaft should just pull out fairly easily.

Of course I have just replaced the gearbox oil with the super expensive Redline...
Well, I'll keep that in mind anyway, maybe it's also possible to limit the outflow by keeping the car tilted with axle stands only on one side
:drunk:

Reactions: EthanMenace
I've vowed never to use handheld spring compressors again, after nearly losing the end of my finger doing my BMW suspension last year. One of the spring compressors slipped and crushed my finger between the coil and the compressor. I had gloves on and was half expecting to take it off and leave the end of my finger inside the glove. As it happens I got away with heavy bruising. Never again. I'd either take the unit out whole, invest in one of THESE or take it to a garage and let them do it.

• Wow
Reactions: Albert540
Woah, totally forgot to give an update here!
Well, using this universal puller combined with both a brekar bar and an impact wrench, I managed to have both drive shafts out quite easily :drunk:

51qwmj6pazl-_ac_sl1000_-jpg.156249

Everything else then was basically straightforward! I even managed to remove one of the infamous Torx pinch bolts and replace it with a proper hex bolt (I left the other side for another time though :chris2:)
pinchbolt.jpg