Painting callipers

Just ordered some calliper paint from Demon Tweeks. As I have a Full Fat 200 with silver brembos which are totally not noticeable!
But why stick with brembo red... That's right! We're going GREEN up in this b**ch!

Mainly I need some advice from people who have painted their callipers before :smile: any tips for making sure I don't paint the wrong parts or end up ruining my brakes completely?

The paints in the post, will probably have to wait for a weekend to be able to do it. But you can bet your ass there will be pictures!

Sounds good mate. Looking forward to the pics!!

You sprayed much before!? I believe there are a couple of threads on this subject if you do a search. JUst make sure you mask everything off - pads, discs, pistons, handbrake leave etc. then cosmetic stuff too like arch liner and wing as it goes everywhere.

You getting the badges done in FRS Green too then!?

Actually this is a Foliatec paint kit so I believe it's brush application. I've had advice that all you need to do is take the wheel off (good excuse for a deep clean) and mask off the disc and hoses and pads; then get slap happy with the cleaner and brush.

I'm going to lay some brembo stickers on top of the paint before the gloss coat too. To keep it semi-official looking.

The beauty of it is, if green just isn't right, it's only £21 and a weekend of work (I hope) to go to another colour :smile:

Ah right I thought it was spray ;/

I would suggest a few coats if it is with a brush and a sand down in between.

Thinking of going yellow like foxspeed, will see how eightballs come out with this paint kit. I know foxspeed used hammerite and looking at his pictures they look good.

When I get round to doing this, I'm undecided whether I will take the whole lot apart or do the super masking tape special.

Red Hammerite and new stickers from ebay, is that the winners choice?

When I get round to doing this, I'm undecided whether I will take the whole lot apart or do the super masking tape special.

Red Hammerite and new stickers from ebay, is that the winners choice?

+1 might be better to take the caliper off the disk, you might be able to do it without disconecting the brake line.

Would it be wrong of me to put lamborghini stickers on them? :rofl:

Look forward to seeing the green callipers I fancy orange ones

did mine orange a few months ago looks sweet when the wheels are clean

Attachments

• IMG00168-20110618-1018.jpg
    IMG00168-20110618-1018.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00166-20110616-1417.jpg
    IMG00166-20110616-1417.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 46
What did you do it with and did you take calipers off?

the orange ones are mine, but i had done a yellow set for local ly. and i left them on the car and got just as good finnish. just a bit of pissing about, getting them to sit at the best angle to get most coverage. mine, i stripped sverything off, and did them that way.

Attachments

• IMG00026-20101126-1438.jpg
    IMG00026-20101126-1438.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG00165-20110615-2230.jpg
    IMG00165-20110615-2230.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 37
Hmmmm I might do mine when I get some time off aswell then haha thinking of going like a pearl white colour perhaps as the 197 I now own is black but I don't wanna fall into the black and white clique either