Painted recaro backs?

Has anyone ever tried to remove the backs? I so need to get on this for carbon ones?

I think they are the same left and right, if anyone just happens to have one laying around i'd happily give you some carbon ones in return...

If you don't have one by the time I get my set of Recaros from Kitt then Ill happily strip one down and send it over - surely they can't be hard to break down...

Last edited:
From experience, the finish on painted backs is not great.

It's very difficult to get the paint to settle without it looking like orange peel. You would have to do a lot of work on smoothing the backs and then you'd be basically spraying on to filler at that point. I've seen one car have the backs colour coded, a McLaren. Whilst the seats aren't the same the plastic is more or less so it'd be the same process and problems.

From a distance they look great but within ten feet they are very orange peel-ish.

McLaren struggle, so I would think everyone else will too.

From experience, the finish on painted backs is not great.

It's very difficult to get the paint to settle without it looking like orange peel. You would have to do a lot of work on smoothing the backs and then you'd be basically spraying on to filler at that point. I've seen one car have the backs colour coded, a McLaren. Whilst the seats aren't the same the plastic is more or less so it'd be the same process and problems.

From a distance they look great but within ten feet they are very orange peel-ish.

McLaren struggle, so I would think everyone else will too.

yeah i can see what you mean would be hard to get it to look good,mine have a few scratches so going to try some trim gel on them might look a bit better.

Has anyone ever tried to remove the backs? I so need to get on this for carbon ones?

I think they are the same left and right, if anyone just happens to have one laying around i'd happily give you some carbon ones in return...

Can get them to take mine off when I have retrim at the end of the month...happy to help...plus it would save me buying the carbon ones I found.

Can get them to take mine off when I have retrim at the end of the month...happy to help...plus it would save me buying the carbon ones I found.

Cheers for the offer but don't need them now.. Out of interest where have you seen carbon ones?

Last edited: