Painted Alloys!

Gromb200

THE TOFFEE
Platinum Member
Saw a new albi 200 on a transporter today, it must have been on its way to the dealership. The alloys where the one's that came with the 197 (lots of spokes) :wink:
But the sides of the spokes were painted albi! Not to my taste tbh.
Is this an optional extra never seen it before and did look different?

I think under renault ID you can pay to have anything done.

I could have any leather combo i wanted as long as i paid for it.

Ye, I think they have tried too hard with the Gordini's and they're just trying to justify the extra cost. Stick with a normal 200 and raid the options for what you want I say!

I pick my Gordini up tomorrow. :s

Disappointed at the response they are getting on the Renault forums though. :thumb1: Dont think i dare turn up at a meet anywhere for the chance of ridicule.

Oh well, mine will look awesome once i swap the wheels. :hug:

Cancelled an order for a Polo GTI due to the delays, and wanted a new car that was in stock. So chose a 200 Gordini with Cup chassis. But i have some Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 on order in black without the writing on the outer rims.

Im also going to remove the stripes this weekend.

Oh, and its Malta Blue. The car looks way better in the flesh tbh.

Bit of background, ive come to the side of the Renault from a world of VAG cars since i started driving 11 years ago. Ive owned all types of Golf, from Mk1 to Mk5 GTI.

Last edited:
I pick my Gordini up tomorrow. :s

Disappointed at the response they are getting on the Renault forums though. :thumb1: Dont think i dare turn up at a meet anywhere for the chance of ridicule.

Oh well, mine will look awesome once i swap the wheels. :hug:

Cancelled an order for a Polo GTI due to the delays, and wanted a new car that was in stock. So chose a 200 Gordini with Cup chassis. But i have some Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 on order in black without the writing on the outer rims.

Im also going to remove the stripes this weekend.

Oh, and its Malta Blue. The car looks way better in the flesh tbh.

Bit of background, ive come to the side of the Renault from a world of VAG cars since i started driving 11 years ago. Ive owned all types of Golf, from Mk1 to Mk5 GTI.

i think the Gordini is a great looking car, :tongueout:anic:

but a BIG mistake putting those cheap looking painted wheels on it. :@

i would deffo keep the stripes as well thats what makes it stand out mate.

( KEEP THE STRIPES FFS ). :thumbup:

As Chappo said you must keep the stripes they are really cool.

I think the reason why there isn't much love for the Gordini is that everyone was expecting it to be more. By that I mean either more power or stripped out - even more of a drivers car than it already is. I think there is a general feeling of disappointment that it is cosmetic work.

Don't get me wrong though I think the Gordini Twingo and Clio are very good, but it is the same as the R27 in that there are no major changes. Not that it stopped me buying it though :wink: lol

As was said you have to keep the stripes. As f1team said, I think we were all hoping the Gordini would be a stripped out thing like the r26r or something similar. Think it's a shame they just added a few bits and pieces and gave it a new title! Change the wheels but I wouldn't change anything else!! When you get it make sure you get some pics up!! :thumbup:

Thanks guys. Going to pick it up in 10 minutes, so will stick some pics up later. :smile:

Still undecided about the stripes, the Gordini can be specced without them.

Wheels are going to take a while, as Rimstock have no casts available in the UK for the Pro Race 1.2. But my suppliers are going to try and press them for priority as soon as the casts are ready for machining.

I know what everyone is saying about the model not having more power etc, but if they do that with the Clio then there is no point in people buying the RS 250. VW do it all the time with their model designations too. The reason they wont release a Polo R is because it would be faster than their more expensive models.