paint code: Nimbus? & Anthrancite?

Getting a few stone chips repaired and my wheel resprayed the correct colour in a few weeks from a guy from chips away. I had a repair done on my alloy wheel a few months back ( by some guy from a dodgy industrial estate) and they did an awful job. Poor finish and wrong colour it looked crap lol.

The chips away guy wants me to inform him of the paint code for Nimbus and the anthrancite colour for my alloys. Does anybody know the code?

Thanks, dave.

Last edited:
can anyone confirm if this is right??;

alloy anthrancite paint code: IXELL 205-272

Nimbus paint code: F60 GRIS MAKAHA

I have a little bit of each of those colours in the garage if you want them?

Thanks for your kind offer mate, but its quite a drive down to wiltshire from where i am. Will prob be cheaper to get this guy to come out and do it. Its booked in for next week :smile:

I am currently getting my alloy wheel repaired and re-painted. I have given the paint code for my alloy wheel as IXELL 205-272 but the 'Chips Away' man does not have that on his system and cannot mix the correct colour.

I have rang renault dealers who couldn't help. So I then rang the ixell paint company who also cant really help. They just say its really difficult to match.

They also said that the paint code 205 272 is not a paint code, but a moulding paint code and thus it wont help with mixing the paint :worried:

So when people have been asking for the paint code it doesn't mean diddly squat unless your buying a batch of paint from Ixell themselves. The code will not help third party companies/repairers to actually match the paint. Hope this helps answer future questions regarding this issue, as lots of forums seem to have similar questions to this after a google search today.

i think he is going to use a rover or audi paint which is a close match. he says you can hardly tell the difference but im not so sure lol. fingers crossed

Dave

The Ixell paint code is what is quoted on RS forum in the ask the experts section. They confirm it is the correct code for the wheel colour. I used it to get mine refurbed, but my painter couldnt find anything on it either. Just used nearest match. Looks ok.

That's what the post office is for innit. I got my pot of Ixell coded stuff from Auto Paint in St Helens. They deliver!

That's what the post office is for innit. I got my pot of Ixell coded stuff from Auto Paint in St Helens. They deliver!

Yep but i had the chips away guy outside my house wanting to paint it straight away, and he is fully booked for weeks. Hence why he wanted the mixing colour ingredients.

Bit pi$$ed off tho tbh as he has made an error when mixing the F60 Gris makaha (nimbus) paint. He said he ran out off one of the colours half way through and he is not happy with it, so he is coming back in two weeks to do it again!!

Fair play to him, he told me he had made an error and offered to come back, but still its bloody annoying. other than a few little chips my paint work was mint, often machine polished, always glazed and waxed....... now i feel like it is ruined tbh :worried: Not happy

doesnt the chips away guy have any colour chips? its not usually the customers job to tell what the paint codes are!

doesnt the chips away guy have any colour chips? its not usually the customers job to tell what the paint codes are!

Well ya after I did loads of phone calls and emails and forum discussions he eventually produced a loads of colour cards. But they were for body colours not wheel colours. He had a hard time matching the paint colour for the wheel but did it eventually. It wasn't perfect but it looks lots better than it did.

He had the right paint code on his system for nimbus, he just ran out of one of the paints needed in order to mix it properly to the correct colour. It looks a bit naff tbh really annoyed.

Also there is lots of over spray of either paint or laquer on my bonnet and sections of my upper bumper, it now looks a bit duller and feels rough to touch in sections. So will have machine polish it all off at some point during the winter..... grrrr.

When light shines on the bits he has sprayed or bits of over spray it doesnt reflect the light properly and looks crap. In normal daylight you cant tell. Will have to give him a chance to put it right before I scream lol.