Our Trip To Le Mans 2010

richandgem

Platinum Member
Got back late last night after a mental, amazin weekend, I can't put into words how good the experience was and we'll definately be doing it again. There where some awesome cars but what amazed us the most was how much attention the Clio's got from the French. We actually had some people walk past super cars to talk to us and take pics of them. :smiley:

Mad Friday was literally that, MAD. People everywhere, cars everywhere doin burn outs and the like, sounds a little chavy I know but when a Lambo or Corvette does a great big number 11 down the Mulsanne straight its quite cool. Everyone just there to have a laugh, get drunk and appreciate nice cars.

I did FAIL very badly though, I drove past a "lively" campsite that was stopping sporty cars. Bloke stands out in front of me and just says "come on". At this point we're buzzin from the atmosphere so I build the revs up, blip the throttle a bit to get it popping, some of the crowd was actually cheering at this point (I was driving the 182 btw). I drop the clutch and...... the car pulls off. Lession one when tryin to do massive wheel spins in front of cheering crowds, DON'T leave the traction control on :worried: I got water bombs thrown at me and lots of abuse lol

Anyway enough talking here are a few pics
us drinking and watching cars go by on the Mulsanne straight
IMG_0345.jpg
one of the lads in the group took a Cooper S, so the appropriately name FAIL CAR got this
SDC10055.jpg
SDC10142.jpg
SDC10144.jpg
0599e454.jpg
Campsite Renaultsport :smile:
3e51d5e7.jpg
Outside our house the night before we left
IMG_0261.jpg
I dressed to match the car
IMG_0276.jpg
A Bunch of French blokes that loved the Clio's (I was plastered at this point btw)
IMG_0405.jpg
Someone showing off doin handbrake turns in the field opposite our campsite, he didn't see the ditch LMAO
IMG_0384.jpg

Some good piccies there!!! :smile:

I'd love to do Le Mans one year. Is it worth the journey and the hangover?

Some good piccies there!!! :smile:

I'd love to do Le Mans one year. Is it worth the journey and the hangover?

Definately, and some tbh. It was good, next year will be better, now we've done it once we have a better idea of how it all works.

I just want to do it again

my daughter was over there aswell with her boyfriend in his m3
she said she saw alot of clios n megs.she said she cant wait to go again
glad you had a good time

^^ it may very well have been us, we didn't many Renaultsports, maybe 5 or 6 the whole weekend. We saw more lambos lol