Oil temperature on race track

Hi all. Yesterday i was on race track (Slovakiaring). 30 degrees, sunny weather and 2x 30min of racing. My oil temperature raised to 145 Celsia. Is it good or too hot ? Oil is Motul 300V power 5w-40. Megane owners said to me that their oil raised only to 105-109 degrees. So i´m a little bit afriad if its not bad for my engine or ... thanks for answers :smile:

How are you measuring the temp?

You would be better off monitoring oil pressure on track as that's what high oil temp will affect, when your oil gets too hot the pressure will drop.

It does seem a little high especially for an NA car, my old 197 would usually run around 95-105 degrees with an oil cooler when pushing on. I don't know the temp range of that oil I'd ask opieoils but its definately a high quality race oil.

Consider an oil cooler or even shifting a few hundred RPM earlier, it really does bring the temp down a little bit.

Measuring it on RS monitor. Normally when i drive its about 95-110 degrees and little climb up on hill for about 4 minutes takes it to 134 degrees. oil pressure ? how can i measure that ?

Measuring it on RS monitor. Normally when i drive its about 95-110 degrees and little climb up on hill for about 4 minutes takes it to 134 degrees. oil pressure ? how can i measure that ?

rs monitor isnt a true reading! its a calculation...