Oil change

Hello, i have aquestion regarding the oil change...tha car is in warranty and serviced in a Renault dealership, now in my board computer there is a service needed at 20.000 km (i have now 14.000).
Is it a too long interval-20.000 km for oil exchange or not?

20000km = 12000mile so same as uk spec

12000mile drain interval on a modern engine oil is well within its capability

I change oil every 10.000 - 12.000km. Think 20.000km is a little bit much for a "race" car.

Since when is a Clio a 'race' car? If it's used purely on the track then fine, but a road car.....Changing at that mileage/kilometers is just a waste of money in my mind.

I change oil every 10.000 - 12.000km. Think 20.000km is a little bit much for a "race" car.

f4r engine isnt exactly cutting edge technology and changing the oil to soon wont do any harm and will at tleast keep it clean and add to longevity but with modern oils it is a waste of money and resource....

Since when is a Clio a 'race' car? If it's used purely on the track then fine, but a road car.....Changing at that mileage/kilometers is just a waste of money in my mind.

wise words

I would'nt call it a race car but it is an highly strung piece of kit, near on 200bhp from a N/A engine.

It depends on how you use it, giving it beans everywere, hitting the rev limiter regularly it's a good idea to change oil more often.

I do in the alfa, twin sparks are known for oil problems, burning oil etc so i changed the oil every 6.000 miles, fitted an oil cooler with thermostat and after nearly 40.000 miles, 30 odd track days/ring trips all was well.

I'll certainly be doing the same with the clio.

*I know the clio's not known for same problems, just an example. ;/

Id say if you just do town driving it is more important to change frequently as car may not be getting warmed up enough. My 2ps worth...

Does boil down to driving style/weather conditions as mentioned.