Official word from Renault on my late delivery ..

Ok

so the saga has come to a close.

I have just had a call from Renault UK customer services. The reason my car is now due for delivery on Dec 3rd and not Sep/Oct as originally advised on my sales form is as follows:

Renault sent out an email to dealerships on July 15th informing them that due to the engine switch to a Euro 5 all orders for the Clio were to be stopped until further notice (this re-opened last week, which is when my order was actually placed, hence the Dec delivery date).

I had originally placed my order with the dealer on July 17th (a Saturday), So the dealer couldn't actually place my order with the factory. Apparently the dealer should really of known this.

So as far as Renault are concerned no orders could possibly have been placed with the factory after probably 19th July latest.

So basically I have to now decide to wait until Dec .... or cancel my order and do something else.

I am annoyed at the dealer because they would have known my order was on hold and should have told me instead of just sending me out a letter with the revised date on. :swear:

I told the customer support guy that I would probably cancel my order and he offered to pay for the first service if I didn't. That's all I will get I think.

I have been thinking about what I want to do and at the moment I think I am going to just cancel the order and just buy myself a Clio v6 !

Means I can have one straight away, have a bit of a classic, and balls to the waiting ....

overhall pretty un-happy

Russ

p.s ... anyone that placed an order after July 17th .... you might want to check your delivery date.

I would be interested to know if you did and you are due to receive anytime soon.

If it were me, I would wait and get the car...or task the dealer with finding a similiar one in stock elsewhere and get them to buy if for you so that you get a car straight away.

I share your pain though. That sucks. I ordered mine on the 1st of July but no one mentioned the engines then.

That don't sound good now does it!

As said in a previous thread, I spoke with my dealer at the beginning of this week whom confirmed that my car should still be coming on the 21st October (according to Renault's car ordering system).

Think a call to RUK may be on it's way to check things - but as far as I know at the moment my car is coming next month and was ordered on the 29th July

Jordie,

what dealership did you order through? the Renault customer service guy did ask what dealership you ordered from because I mentioned that you had ordered at the End of July and were expecting delivery in Oct?

Cheers

Russ

Euro 5 engine sounds poop!! Another EU strangling of a lump to meet emissions control. Probably cheaper on tax though.

Have you driven a V6?? Wonderful cars, but I couldn't own one. I'd task your dealer with sniffing around stock for a demo etc?

R26 F1 Team with a factory R26.R cage and adding lightness mods??? Best of both worlds, Recaro comfort with a car that's a mad as a pensioner's terrier.

All I will say is 3 years warranty is worth the wait alone! Just had the a/c condenser unit changed on mine FOC!

If they offered you a years free service straight away you could easily get a lot more out of them if you say its unacceptable.

also i would nt take offers like free service, - you want money off cost of the car

2 reasons - 1) the one stated above, sure they can try harder, really what would a service cost to them!!!!

and whats most likely to happen is
2) in 12 months time you you come back for the ''free'' service I bet you will get the usual, 'oh , theres no record of that' 'we need to check with manager' crack!!! -end up paying for it and having to claim it back etc

good luck

I am going to call the dealer this afternoon and tell them that I am off to look at other cars this weekend (and I actually am off to see a Clio V6 on Sunday that I am soooo very tempted to get instead) .... And tell them that if I find one I will be cancelling my order on Monday, See if that encourages them to call me and offer me some free stuff to not cancel.

We shall see

I'd try and get some more out of them. Were there any other optional extras you wanted on the car? Try and get them added to the order FOC

I ordered on 1/8 and have been advised today that my car will go into production first week in october, expected in the dealership on 13th October with an estimated customer (me) collection of 15th October ... no idea if this sounds about right?!?

I ordered mine on August 9th from Renault Leicester, which is part of the Renault Retail Group (essentially, Renault UK).

Because the group already had around 10 cars on order, an existing order was changed to suit my spec, although I had same waiting game as you whilst the factory was on shut down, because the computer system wouldn't accept the changes. My car is due on 26th October.

Which dealer did you use? Ask them if they have any preexisting orders that could be modified, or any in their group (other dealers)? If not, go to a Renault Retail dealer direct and ask if they could modify an order.

I ordered mine on the 14 July and and got 4th Oct for delivery date. It left the factory in france 2 weeks this tuesday just gone. The salesguy has told me that as soon as the car gets on British soil he is gonna have it brought forward because he goes on holiday on the 30th Sep and doesnt want anyone else dealing with me lol. Fingers crossed i should have it soon :smile: