Obd 2

Does anyone know if the 197 is OBD 2 compliant? I have a contact who has OBD 2 diagnostic equipment and i'm looking to give it a whirl. If they are, wheres the diagnostic port?

yes - as it was legislation that made most cars obd2 compliant from 2002 onwards

diagnostic port is on underside of centre console. . . . . behind a little flap :smile:

Them £80 eBay scanners do not work on the 197/200. Simply says 'unable to connect'.

Other than that it's worked on every other car I tried out perfectly.

I'd be keen to know if any 200 owners are running either a Scangauge 2 or the PLX kiwi wifi units.

Just as a reference for cars performance and any error codes thrown.

Them £80 eBay scanners do not work on the 197/200. Simply says 'unable to connect'.

Other than that it's worked on every other car I tried out perfectly.

thats because your using the wrong ignition switch on sequence!

unlock car
put keycard in slot
plug in obd2
without pressing the brake pedal or clutch press and hold the start button until the steering lock clicks off - this has now forced an "ignition on" and you should have the dash warning lights on as well
the obd2 will now connect correctly...

Foxspeed I have the cup, I don't have any keycards or having to press brakes, electronic steering lock etc.

Just a key and an ignition barrel im afraid lol :worried:

Foxspeed I have the cup, I don't have any keycards or having to press brakes, electronic steering lock etc.

Just a key and an ignition barrel im afraid lol :worried:

if thats the case then ignition position 2 on the key should be all thats needed :bored:

You would think but it says unable to connect. My mates laptop software version has same problem.

Sometimes hand-held scanners dont support the correct protocol...
including some laptop software....

I.e Most early Renault are iso so it will not work with a kwp 2000 interface!

Trial and error with certain machines...

Just to add if you can connect with a CHEAP £50 handheld not all fault codes are supported in the database so you may get alot of un-documented code's
But the the P0 code's should be generic if you google them...

This Website covers most codes!
http://www.ecutesting.com/fault_code_library.html

Last edited:
I got a cheap Elm obd bluetooth connector off fleabay for about £15, it works a treat with the torque app on Android!