nurburgring lap times

just out of interest has anyone took their 197/200 around the ring if so what time did you get? heading there first weekend in september :smile:

They'll do waaaay quicker than you'd think, the lads at RSR who hire them out to punters and use them for instruction pedal those things around B-G on road tyres in mid 8s easily.

I'll also add, just because the Pros can do it and the car can do it - it doesn't mean you, me or anyone else should go there and try. It really isn't the place to get it wrong.

img0013s.jpg

Last edited:
They'll do waaaay quicker than you'd think, the lads at RSR who hire them out to punters and use them for instruction pedal those things around B-G on road tyres in mid 8s easily.

I'll also add, just because the Pros can do it and the car can do it - it doesn't mean you, me or anyone else should go there and try. It really isn't the place to get it wrong.

img0013s.jpg

Nice, if your gonna crash do it well. :wink:

First trip, first lap. Upon arriving back, he said, and I quote:

"I tried doing the jump at the top of Foxhole"
"What jump?"
"Well, there's a jump on the Playstation...."

Hit the L/H kerb at the top and landed a long, long way down the hill after.

i did a 10min dead lap in my standard civic at the time. wanted to take it back after been lowered and remapped but changed to get clio. i am hoping for around the 9 / 9.30 time like.
only managed a 9.56 on the motorbike but was first ever for track experience so i didnt think it was to bad lol

Depends on traffic and weather, early Sunday will be best if there is a sporting event on the afternoon then late afternoon will be pretty quite. Decent BTG should be around the 9mins to 915mins in the clio mate.

Do you live in Sunderland? My mate keeps banging on about a red 200 he sees?

my girlfriends parents live in sunderland, i'm up there most weekends but i have an r27 so it might not be me. am from redcar fella. the 10min lap i did in standard civic had three yellow flags, damp track and traffic. laps on youtube if you search for 'andywalleng' it should bring up the video as thts my youtube name.

Cool, he was trying to get me to go but i am at a wedding! Craig knows the track well, he easily get some time off your laps.

ahhh so you didnt man up and dog the wedding off in place of germany lol :tongueout:
i took my bike to germany few yrs ago, next time i went was in his exige and when we both had civics. cant wait to put the r27 round there like

My Twingo goes well round there, so the r27 should be excellent. Aye I ve been trying to convince her to come with me at some point but it is a no no. I am thinking of going on the bike next year but will have to do some uk tracks first on a bike.

LOL

My lap time was about 15 minutes

I'm NEVER doing it again, but I will go there again. One amazing weekend.

And let me not forget the usual "See my Signature" :wink::wink: