Not What You Expect To Find In Your Inlets...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
So, I was giving the inlet manifold a rinse out earler before I post it up to Toop...

This fell out of it...

20130313-02_zpsad6cb3f3.jpg

20130313-03_zps26dd344c.jpg

It would appear that the smoking in workplaces ban hasn't reached Dieppe yet, or maybe they're just too cool to comply!!! :smiley:

I found one of the plastic screw down in the drain holes the other month, never did find out where it was supposed to go.

That's a good find though, should post it back to dieppe.

Hahaha honestly as sure as I'm sat here, this has been in there from new!!!

The inlets have never been off before, the only thing that's been off is the TB and I don't smoke anyway!!! :smiley:

I think it's slightly too big to have made it's way in, it is about half the width of the port but where the split is in the port, it wouldn't go through either side unless it managed to turn perfectly length ways. I was going to try and clean it up to see if there's any logo or brand on the filter but I don't realy want to ruin it. It's a white filter with two gold stripes around it and then what appears to have been black or brown paper... The plan now is to find a way to preserve it and attach it to the underside of the bonnet for good luck hahaha!!!

Last edited:
It doesn't suprise me mate, when my Nos was being installed they found 2 fag butts hidden in a recess in the corner of the bulkhead.

Lol!

Friend of mine found a cigarette butt in his 200's alternator... Almost impossible to get it in there... I'm sure it's a prank played by bored mechanics who put our cars together...

We managed to get it out though.

It is sounding more and more like it's being done on purpose actually isn't it!?! :smiley:

Hahahahaha!!! :thumbup:

On the plus side mate, I think I've took about half a kilo of oil and dirt off them so postage will be cheaper!!!

You know what they're not that bad, definitely not the worst I've seen anyway. :thumbsup:

that surely must have gone in through the airbox. Always finding fag ends in there before the filter, so if the filter hasn't seated it could easily have got past there.

that surely must have gone in through the airbox. Always finding fag ends in there before the filter, so if the filter hasn't seated it could easily have got past there.

rubbish! if the filter was that badly fitted surely the gatekeeper would have noticed,and if that was the case the engine would have failed by now what with the other crap on the roads