noise when turning

this started today when i turn right at low speed there is an anoying noice but its only at low speed i can feel it trought the wheel tho any ideas what this could be?

Think this is what I had when my car was stationary or manoeuvring like parking, asked my mechanic, he checked it over and said it sometimes happens in the cold weather with these cars (he knows his renaultsports), and said it should go, and it's gone now! He did fully check over steering rack and all components attached to it.

Mine was when I turned left, thought it was a rack failure, but mechanic says its in good condition and nothing wrong with it.

I get a soft, high pitched noise, when maneuvering in and out the driveway... Can't feel anything, so haven't bothered checking it out...

Hi, I had this, turns out ball joint was hanging out.

£190 part, but there are 2 pieces @ £190, find a mechanic who can pin drill rusty Allen keys bolts to separate the 2 parts and save you £190 :smile:

See this thread, http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9362

This would be my first thing to look at, take your wheel off from the side your hearing the noise, grab your disc and wiggle, if it moves out of reason, here's your problem

Will

My noise was mainly when dry turning, after a few weeks, you could hear under heavy breaking, also note if it was really wet the noise occasionally stopped..... Strange I know...

Last edited:
After driving the car again tonight the noise sounds like hard rubber rubing under pressure

I get this too when turning right, really horrid noise and hate it when there's pedestrians nearby, I tend to just carry on going straight to avoid embarrassment now..

It comes and gos too which is really annoying, an strangely enough it seems to always be there when I have a passenger?
When I had my cambelt done at Ren tech they told
me it could be an electrical component and not really to worry about it..said it would be about £250 todo...I have no idea whether that is the problem.

Hi, I had this, turns out ball joint was hanging out.

£190 part, but there are 2 pieces @ £190, find a mechanic who can pin drill rusty Allen keys bolts to separate the 2 parts and save you £190 :smile:

See this thread, http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9362

This would be my first thing to look at, take your wheel off from the side your hearing the noise, grab your disc and wiggle, if it moves out of reason, here's your problem

Will

My noise was mainly when dry turning, after a few weeks, you could hear under heavy breaking, also note if it was really wet the noise occasionally stopped..... Strange I know...

Have you tried this yet?