No reverse lights?

Rogue

Platinum Member
I've changd the bulbs, changed the reverse light switch on the gear box and checked all the small fuses under the bonnet.

Anyone else know what to try??

bridge the multi-plug wires to see if they work (for power down to the switch)

made sure you checked ALL the fuse boxes...

Reactions: papa
how you checking they work? beacuase they only work with the engine running

I haven't done anything yet, I can't be arsed lol

First point of call will be to switch the rear lights to the originals, see if that's a issue, but I don't think it will be.

I have to take half the engine apart to get to the switch and to be honest, every time I come home its dark so I can't be bothered at the moment.

Fox, can I the power with a multimeter I assume?

I haven't done anything yet, I can't be arsed lol

First point of call will be to switch the rear lights to the originals, see if that's a issue, but I don't think it will be.

I have to take half the engine apart to get to the switch and to be honest, every time I come home its dark so I can't be bothered at the moment.

Fox, can I the power with a multimeter I assume?

yes - ignition on and in reverse you should get voltage to the multi-plug

I'll see if I can get someone to give me a hand. Not something I'll be able to pull off myself...

just thought you wont even need it in reverse - should be a live to the switch when ignition is on!

if its an hands-free system you will have to force ignition on - open door/put keycard in slot/dont touch the pedals/press and hold start button until you hear the ignition lock come off and the dash ignition lights come on...

you can also check the switch for continuity without the ignition on - no circuit out of reverse and then a circuit when its in gear across the terminals - or if you have a spare just plug that in and work it to see if the lights work (ignition on of course)

Reactions: papa
Lights fixed. shltty connectors on the aftermarket lights. :tongueout:inky:

Fixed with tape and bubble wrap with thanks to Luke :jase2: