No permission to access the for sale section...

My membership has just run out too! I do think everyone should have access to the 'Clios for sale' bit though.. I'm sure many people join the forum before buying and this section would be really useful to them finding a car (and then paying for membership afterwards) :smile:

It's only £5, that gives you access to the 'how to' guides and everything else. Money well spent.

Yeah I'll pay up and become a paid member again, but the 'Clios for sale' section is almost a bit pointless if non-paid members can't view it..

That you can buy 197/200's anywhere. But this place has most of the cherished ones. So to have access to the members cherished adverts, a price is needed, and just a mere £5

that's my opinion anyway

What's the reason?

We've had Nigerians trying to scam members in the past, not happened since they have had to pay.

Difficult one for us, people don't have to pay and people moan they have been scammed, people have to pay and ask why they have to pay.

We chose that £5 is the lesser evil when traded against someone being scammed of a few K

Appreciate its not ideal but we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't =:0/

That you can buy 197/200's anywhere. But this place has most of the cherished ones. So to have access to the members cherished adverts, a price is needed, and just a mere £5

that's my opinion anyway

Yeah that's fair enough. I just think members selling cars might get more interest/responses if people didn't have to pay to view the ads.

We've had Nigerians trying to scam members in the past, not happened since they have had to pay.

Difficult one for us, people don't have to pay and people moan they have been scammed, people have to pay and ask why they have to pay.

We chose that £5 is the lesser evil when traded against someone being scammed of a few K

Appreciate its not ideal but we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't =:0/

Ha that sucks! How are people getting scammed? Is it Nigerians (& other nationalities!) posting fake ads and trying to get cash out of members or is it members selling genuine cars and the scammers somehow get the car without paying?! Is it not possible to allow non-paid members to view 'Clios for sale' ads (and maybe post in them) but not actually create threads without being fully paid members?

I'm not really that fussed either way, it just makes sense in my eyes, but if it can't be done then it can't be done :smile:

It was people posing as buyers, not sure how it worked to be honest but there was at least one case where someone joined and viewed as a none paid member that started doing things via PM. The seller only twigged when someone pointed out to a scam doing the rounds on piston heads and it was the same scam being done to them in the early stages.

We understand where your coming from and like i say there is no right and wrong answer as you can make good arguments either way which is why we set membership starting at £5. As its been pointed out it opens doors to other areas and using the how too guides + the traders you more than get your money back. Then there is paypals cut and the rest goes on running the site and doing things like FCS stand etc, etc.

the money stays in a clio197 account for a rainy day much like the recent forum upgrade that set us back several hundred pounds and it will in time fund a transplant on to a less restrictive forum software package as me and [MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION] spent hours and hours (around 100 each) trying to recode aspects of the site that vbulletin & its mod partners said can't be done.

Ah okay. I appreciate all the time and effort you guys put into the forum, it's the only forum I ever bother with and tbf I probably need to spend less time surfing it, especially at work :smile:

Yeah but how the day would drag without us lol

Glad you enjoy it, we do review it now and again and only this month increased what none paid members can view.

If it goes well you never know we may put it back to what it was before.